Thanks Thanks:  159
Likes Likes:  1,293
Page 38 of 118 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888 ... LastLast

Thread: Essendon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Essendon

SEN are totally into the bombers today , finally realising it’s the arrogance up top not below, seems Rutten isn’t the guy to coach I would think either.
    Had hold of the players this year, a chance to get positivity going etc but the players don’t agree obviously.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Rowan Connolly having a go as well:

WAKE UP, ESSENDON, YOUR CULTURE NEEDS FIXING FIRST

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Thanks The Doctor thanked for this post
    Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's some of Rohan's finest work.

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Post Thanks / Like

SEN are totally into the bombers today , finally realising it’s the arrogance up top not below, seems Rutten isn’t the guy to coach I would think either.
    Had hold of the players this year, a chance to get positivity going etc but the players don’t agree obviously.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I love that they're so imperiously deluded about their rightful place among the AFEL's 'elite' that of the five stages of grief they're obstinately flipping between (1) denial and (2) anger.

As an aside we should begin an off-season drinking game where you *drink* whenever they're discussed and the phrase "once proud club" gets trotted out.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Fantasia will walk for very little, and they'll have to fight to keep Zac Merrett. I'm enjoying this.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Fantasia will walk for very little, and they'll have to fight to keep Zac Merrett. I'm enjoying this.
    Fantasia hardly played and not due to injury.
    Daniher is more like a maccano set can’t get him on the park , half a game of decent football in two years.
    I don’t know how they think they can get much except in a bidding war and that won’t happen with Fantasia, front runner of the highest order and couldn’t get a game in that rubble.
    Saad is the only one of any talent that can be relied on.
    If Merret goes . Wow that’s huge again, they have stuffed him over as well.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

He was a dogs fan from memory. Time to come home?

Look, I know we aren’t exactly flush with chips after they are all eaten up with JUH, but can we just get amongst it to push his price right up and mess with them a little?

Post Thanks / Like

I think Ro Co is around the mark with his observations.
    I was talking to a very keen Essendon supporter today and she believes the clean out is necessary
    Finishing around the middle of the ladder most years means they are only half in for the badly needed rebuild
    They don't quite need to do what North has but they do need to shake things up
    Perhaps Dodoro isn't that big of a problem for them at the moment
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Merrett won the b and f in 2019, then was not only removed from the VC role but wasn't even in the leadership group from memory.
    Hurley and Hooker had similar treatment the year before and then Hurley was miraculously reinstated. Strange.

This is back in Jan 19

Ball acknowledged the “initial disappointment” of Hooker and Hurley but said he had no concerns about their attitudes.

Coach John Worsfold hailed the "strong and diverse qualities" of the five leaders while also praising Hooker and Hurley.
    Last edited by Grantysghost; 08-10-2020 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Spelling

Post Thanks / Like

They played us hard but fair with Stringer because despite having a contract in place he wanted to move and you can't really keep a player like that who has upset the coach.

Saad, Daniher, Fantasia and maybe Merrett all wanting to leave the club will mean Essendon have a reduced hand to play during the trade negotiation and will have to settle with more around what is being offered than what they think each player is really worth

They probably should have gotten a better return for Crameri but they had to settle for pick 26 because they didn't hold the whip hand which turned into Merrett for them anyway
    Dodoro might be very interested in offering some additional draft points for us if he can get a hold of pick 12 and have 3 or 4 first round picks this year

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    They played us hard but fair with Stringer because despite having a contract in place he wanted to move and you can't really keep a player like that who has upset the coach.

Saad, Daniher, Fantasia and maybe Merrett all wanting to leave the club will mean Essendon have a reduced hand to play during the trade negotiation and will have to settle with more around what is being offered than what they think each player is really worth

They probably should have gotten a better return for Crameri but they had to settle for pick 26 because they didn't hold the whip hand which turned into Merrett for them anyway
    Dodoro might be very interested in offering some additional draft points for us if he can get a hold of pick 12 and have 3 or 4 first round picks this year
    Problem with stringer was no one else wanted him so we couldn’t up the ante with competition.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Jake Nial believes Merrett won't go anywhere.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Jake Nial believes Merrett won't go anywhere.
    I can't see him leaving either

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I can't see him leaving either
    Free agent end of next year, so he might wait and see what happens at the club.