Thanks Thanks:  159
Likes Likes:  1,293
Page 39 of 118 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344454647484989 ... LastLast

Thread: Essendon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Essendon

Look closely here

https://www.theroar.com.au/2015/11/0.../essendonlogo/

Ever noticed that the plane in the Bomber’s logo has no engines? Explains a lot.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

2. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Look closely here

https://www.theroar.com.au/2015/11/0.../essendonlogo/

Ever noticed that the plane in the Bomber’s logo has no engines? Explains a lot.
    I think these types of engineless gliders were also used by drug cartels and companies with dodgy books, dating back from the 70’s (up until about 2013).

4. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Perhaps Dodoro isn't that big of a problem for them at the moment
    I hope they believe that. He is in charge of the list so if it is a rubbish list (it is) then that is down to him.

They need a mass clean out. Should get rid of Hurley and Hooker as both are finished.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    I hope they believe that. He is in charge of the list so if it is a rubbish list (it is) then that is down to him.

They need a mass clean out. Should get rid of Hurley and Hooker as both are finished.

My read is if the culture is flawed who they select is up against that
    They do need a clean out and now is their opportunity. The members will accept it if they just blame Worsfold
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

They should be questioning as a Club why they were the only team interested in pursuing Jake when culturally there were significant concerns.

He’s been unjustifiably lauded at Essendon, and yet from afar the dramatic decline in his conditioning from the pre-season through the course of the season was pronounced.

How would that be viewed by those players like Merrett and Saad that demand higher standards. You reap what you sow.

8. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is at the same time highly entertaining but worrying. The last thing we want is for Essendon to wake up to their problems.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    This is at the same time highly entertaining but worrying. The last thing we want is for Essendon to wake up to their problems.
    Yeah, it will be the making of them.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

They do need a clean out and now is their opportunity. The members will accept it if they just blame Worsfold
    Hindsight is wonderful I know. To me it seems this is possibly a lingering effect of the supplements scandal.
    Those guys who were banned maybe all should've moved on. Not one of them has come back a better player. Ryder this season is probably the only one I can really say has come back to his best.
    There has to be some lingering resentment there, and if the loyalty they showed wasn't rewarded (see Hurley Hooker leadership group removal) you can see how this might fester and seed discontent throughout the group. These guys have influence in the locker room.
    Align that with recruitment of guys like Stringer and Smith who aren't short of a word and you've probably got some hair line cracks starting to fracture.
    Totally agree with the sentiment that the sooner they move on the players affected by the supplements scandal the better. Or worse (for us) if they come good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Free agent end of next year, so he might wait and see what happens at the club.
    They are understandably desperate to keep him and the talk is they will offer something like 5 years @ $900k. They will certainly have the cap space.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    They are understandably desperate to keep him and the talk is they will offer something like 5 years @ $900k. They will certainly have the cap space.
    Is he worth that much?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Both are contracted on big dollars too.
    Hurley's big contract is a direct result of our chasing him so hard a few years ago. I'm still calling that a win.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Is he worth that much?
    To another club - no (except perhaps North who have nobody to spend their cap on).
    To Essendon - it probably is. It would be an unmitigated disaster if they lost Merrett who is perhaps their most consistent midfielder.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

If he had been there for 5 years I would accept that as an argument.

Another of their problems is that they keep trading away their first rounders whilst consistently winning trade week.

Post Thanks / Like

If he had been there for 5 years I would accept that as an argument.

Another of their problems is that they keep trading away their first rounders whilst consistently winning trade week.
    It's laughable isn't it? They do need to move the players on and start a targeted rebuild rather than trying to top up each year
    Worsfold is an easy target for them, the members will accept it. It's not actually Woosha's fault which is a shame for him
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

The rumour mill is alive and kicking down at Windy Hill. Devon Smith may be exploring his options.