Thanks Thanks:  159
Likes Likes:  1,293
Page 70 of 118 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1762

Thread: Essendon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Essendon

I'm worried that having not won trade week two years running they may turn their attention to winning finals.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Whoops, apparently they did win it after all! It's literally unbelievable how much these sycophants blow sunshine up their arses.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...13-p58zr3.html

3. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Whoops, apparently they did win it after all! It's literally unbelievable how much these sycophants blow sunshine up their arses.

I don’t know what content writing for North Korean State Media pays. But they should expect job offers with shit like that.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Shtick bait.

Post Thanks / Like

What the actual f. How is it that all forms of media are into this??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic;768954[B
    ]I don’t know what content writing for North Korean State Media pays[/B]. But they should expect job offers with shit like that.
    I think you probably do, it's somewhere around losing a hand, keeping a hand, or keeping both (because I'm so ignorant I think all dictatorships punish everyone the same way.).

8. Likes 1eyedog, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FMD, As Ghost Dog said a few moons ago, what a fall The Age as a newspaper has taken.

Every monday I would try and listen to the "Real Footy" podcast but honestly all it is Caro talking about Richmond, how Geelong are favorites for flag, Demon pride.

I'm done with it. I've been thinking of cancelling my $15 monthly subscription now I actually think I will finally do it.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I think you probably do, it's somewhere around losing a hand, keeping a hand, or keeping both (because I'm so ignorant I think all dictatorships punish everyone the same way.).
    Upset the authorities in North Korea and they load you kicking and screaming into a rocket launcher. Then Kim presses the button to launch you out of the business end.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

From this mornings Herald-Sun:

CARL VON LEDEBUR
    One of Essendon Football Club’s first trainers was also a quack doctor, con artist, drug fiend, rapist, burglar and suspected murderer.

Von Ledebur pulverised testicles of dogs, sheep, guinea pigs and goats with a mortar and pestle and injected the fluid into patients to boost testosterone and other hormone levels.

The details of the strange story have come to light thanks to historian Michael Shelford from Melbourne Historical Crime Tours delving through old police files and newspaper files.

Despite serving time in prison for burglaries, von Ledebur was hired as trainer by Essendon, and the team won three VFA premierships in a row from 1891-’93 under his care.

Later, he became a “electrotherapeutical medical practitioner”, treating various ailments by runnings electric currents through patients’ bodies.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

12. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Never met a good Essendon supporter.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

15. Thanks SonofScray thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    From this mornings Herald-Sun:

CARL VON LEDEBUR
    One of Essendon Football Club’s first trainers was also a quack doctor, con artist, drug fiend, rapist, burglar and suspected murderer.

Von Ledebur pulverised testicles of dogs, sheep, guinea pigs and goats with a mortar and pestle and injected the fluid into patients to boost testosterone and other hormone levels.

The details of the strange story have come to light thanks to historian Michael Shelford from Melbourne Historical Crime Tours delving through old police files and newspaper files.

Despite serving time in prison for burglaries, von Ledebur was hired as trainer by Essendon, and the team won three VFA premierships in a row from 1891-’93 under his care.

Later, he became a “electrotherapeutical medical practitioner”, treating various ailments by runnings electric currents through patients’ bodies.

Trainers back then were different to what modern day trainers are too. They were far more senior in the club infrastructure, responsible for the fitness and health of players. The modern day coaches job was divided up between the captain who was responsible for tactics and strategies, and trainers who was responsible for providing a fit and healthy playing list.

Essendon were a dodgy club back then, they've always been a dodgy club since and they are still a dodgy club now.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

17. Likes bornadog, hujsh, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post

Essendon were a dodgy club back then, they've always been a dodgy club since, they are still a dodgy club now and always will be.
    Corrected for accuracy.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

19. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Likes Jeanette54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mcdonald-Tipungwuti to retire.

That's a real shame.

21. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Was a very dynamic player would have loved him at the Doggies.

23. Likes Grantysghost, DOG GOD liked this post