Thanks Thanks:  159
Likes Likes:  1,293
Page 80 of 118 FirstFirst ... 30707172737475767778798081828384858687888990 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1762

Thread: Essendon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Essendon

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Have you seen Jars!
    Haha I have and I think Tony Modra is in similar shape. Not sure Shaun Rehn has working knees either. I mostly want to see Wayne Weidemann.

It would be a spectacle for sure!

2. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Who do you think Essendon might turn to now to coach them?
    I think they will either need to go hard at getting Hinkley or could they consider Ross Lyon?

The Hird speculation is strong as well.
    They are the type of club to go with Hird.

And I hope they do.
    W00F!

4. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They have really butchered this, which is fantastic. Got themselves into a divided frenzy over the chance to land a messiah coach, and now have a club in tatters and likely to do something even more stupid next.

I feel for Rutten, however.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

6. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Appointing Hird would be so on brand for this club. Here’s hoping.

Their fans had their usual degree of hubris, mocking the idea that Clarkson would choose a small “unsuccessful” (compared to their last 20 years?) club over them, with their money, their marquee games, their resources. It’s so sweet to see their angst now and it would be hilarious if they appoint Hird who quite apart from anything else didn’t show a whole lot of coaching nous.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

8. Likes Dancin' Douggy, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Appointing Hird would be so on brand for this club. Here’s hoping.

Their fans had their usual degree of hubris, mocking the idea that Clarkson would choose a small “unsuccessful” (compared to their last 20 years?) club over them, with their money, their marquee games, their resources. It’s so sweet to see their angst now and it would be hilarious if they appoint Hird who quite apart from anything else didn’t show a whole lot of coaching nous.
    Yes. Listening to the conga line of Bomber supporters sneering and mocking North for being a small irrelevant club on talk back radio was so pathetic. They really are a detestable club. So glad Clarkson went to Norf.

Post Thanks / Like

Basket case. They could not have botched this situation any worse if they tried. What a shambles. It will be interesting to see how they dig themselves out of this hole.

Post Thanks / Like

From the HUN

James Hird has emerged as a serious contender to coach Essendon next year after Alastair Clarkson chose North Melbourne as his new home.

Hird sensationally quit as coach of the Bombers in 2015 after serving a 12–month suspension imposed on him by the AFL because of the infamous supplement saga.

Hird, 49, emerged has a possibility to coach Essendon in recent days.

His opening came after Clarkson agreed to a five-year deal to coach the Kangaroos, closing an extraordinary week which started with three clubs chasing his services.

Clarkson was Essendon’s first choice as coach.

The Kangaroos and Clarkson courted each other for a month before Essendon officially sounded out his interest a day after president Paul Brasher resigned.

Bombers coach Ben Rutten is unlikely to keep his position as the club undertakes an extensive review into all operations of the footy club, which will include a thorough process to find its next coach.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

From the HUN

James Hird has emerged as a serious contender to coach Essendon next year after Alastair Clarkson chose North Melbourne as his new home.

Hird sensationally quit as coach of the Bombers in 2015 after serving a 12–month suspension imposed on him by the AFL because of the infamous supplement saga.

Hird, 49, emerged has a possibility to coach Essendon in recent days.

His opening came after Clarkson agreed to a five-year deal to coach the Kangaroos, closing an extraordinary week which started with three clubs chasing his services.

Clarkson was Essendon’s first choice as coach.

The Kangaroos and Clarkson courted each other for a month before Essendon officially sounded out his interest a day after president Paul Brasher resigned.

Bombers coach Ben Rutten is unlikely to keep his position as the club undertakes an extensive review into all operations of the footy club, which will include a thorough process to find its next coach.
    I get that this is a stupid question but with all that happened there, as a rank and file supporter - how could you possibly welcome this man back as coach to the club? Like, seriously? Hird should not be anywhere near the same f**king sentence as senior coach.
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

13. Likes bornadog, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rutten should quit like yesterday.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of the West View Post
    I get that this is a stupid question but with all that happened there, as a rank and file supporter - how could you possibly welcome this man back as coach to the club? Like, seriously? Hird should not be anywhere near the same f**king sentence as senior coach.
    I've talked to a couple of Essendon supporters in the last day or two and they would welcome Hird back.
    The fact that he could be considered smacks of Sheedy getting his own way and wielding way too much power at Essendon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Rutten should quit like yesterday.
    He will want his contract to be honored. He's probably got to gut it out.

Post Thanks / Like

I mean, you guys saw this right?

https://twitter.com/afl/status/15351...kv-ol-XmSXY7BQ

They have a genuine sickness. Of course this is the move they’ll make.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

18. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He will want his contract to be honored. He's probably got to gut it out.
    But if he's smart and has good management he's already sounding out an assistant role, list manager role, whatever already.

Essendon are shitting directly in his mouth and he's simpinig it up if he's not lining something else up.

I know I've been a big advocate for not blaming people for chasing money, but surely at this point his pride has some kind of value. And it's not like he'd be unemployable elsewhere.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

I've talked to a couple of Essendon supporters in the last day or two and they would welcome Hird back.
    The fact that he could be considered smacks of Sheedy getting his own way and wielding way too much power at Essendon.
    #whateverittakes !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I mean, you guys saw this right?

https://twitter.com/afl/status/15351...kv-ol-XmSXY7BQ

They have a genuine sickness. Of course this is the move they’ll make.
    How's Briggs guffawing over Hird. I wonder if he felt the slightest bit dirty or whether he's a regular Kool Aid consumer like the rest of them.........

A very strange thing of a morning.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

22. Likes EasternWest liked this post