Thanks Thanks:  159
Likes Likes:  1,293
Page 94 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4484858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1762

Thread: Essendon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Essendon

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I always liked Phillips.

I really like Roarke but how long can his luck hold with us? If they offer him a couple of years he should take it.
    Rumour is he still has a year to run on his contract with us.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Rumour is he still has a year to run on his contract with us.
    How do you know this?
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    How do you know this?
    BigFooty has a super sweet contract thread that is updated to the second and failing that footy wire and failing that I ask Sam Power.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

4. Likes EasternWest, bornadog, Mofra, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Essendon meeting with Tom Phillips (media report) and (rumour only) have met with Roarke Smith
    Do you blame Roarke. How long has he been on the rookie list
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Do you blame Roarke. How long has he been on the rookie list
    It would be pretty ironic that after 7 one year deals, he leaves in the middle of his only multi year contract.
    I like the kid. If he goes somewhere and plays 22 games, good luck to him. Anyone who comes back from two ACLs and plays for us will always get my goodwill.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    It would be pretty ironic that after 7 one year deals, he leaves in the middle of his only multi year contract.
    I like the kid. If he goes somewhere and plays 22 games, good luck to him. Anyone who comes back from two ACLs and plays for us will always get my goodwill.
    Also plays his heart out every time, hard not to feel affection.
    "It's over. It's all over."

8. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It will be extremely funny if Essendon poached Roarke halfway through his first multi-year contract. I have a soft spot for him and it takes a lot mentally to come back from multiple ACLs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    It will be extremely funny if Essendon poached Roarke halfway through his first multi-year contract. I have a soft spot for him and it takes a lot mentally to come back from multiple ACLs.
    If we get a guy with no pressure like Rowe and lose Roarke then I'll officially SPEW UP!

11. Likes EasternWest, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    If we get a guy with no pressure like Rowe and lose Roarke then I'll officially SPEW UP!
    Yeah I'd much prefer keeping Roarke since we know that he'll crack in. If he does get a secure contract for a few years with another team then I'd give him a hug and wish him the best. Grab that bag while you can.

13. Likes EasternWest, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post

Could they go for a Solomon, Hird and co mix with ___ as the senior man?
    Just on Solomon.

spotted out the front of Jimmy Rowes a lifetime ago. He was absolutely off his face, a rabid dog who’d put too much of something up his nose. Was mouthing off and then, inexplicably jumped out on to Mt Road, almost got taken out by a car. Then proceeded to stand on the tram tracks telling everyone he could stop a car with his bare hands. Real “don’t you know who I am” vibes.

15. Thanks bornadog, Topdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can see Hird, Solomon and McVeigh heading the MC.

Didn’t McVeigh say at his GWS interview in that “it’s the 3 of us or none of us” ?
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Roarke average tackles in career in 1.81. Rowe's is 1.72. Not a huge difference.

Post Thanks / Like

This could be awkward if Hird gets the job...

Zach Merrett: James Hird ‘not the path’ for Bombers

Essendon star Zach Merrett told a crowd of more than 600 at a finals luncheon that James Hird would not be the right person for the vacant Bombers coaching job.

Speaking at the Women in Insolvency and Restructuring Victoria Footy Finals Luncheon at Crown Palladium last Friday, sources confirmed the Essendon vice-captain said he couldn’t see Hird coaching the club again.

The three-time Bombers best and fairest said if Hird was to receive the job, they would make it work, but Merrett also made it clear it was not the path he wanted the club to go down.

Merrett made the comment sitting next to sports broadcaster Neroli Meadows, Richmond AFLW player Sarah Hosking and Carlton great Anthony Koutoufides, who were also guest speakers at the event.

It comes as Essendon confirmed it had interviewed Hird on Wednesday along with other candidates for the coaching job.

Merrett was drafted to Essendon at pick 26 in 2013 and was coached by Mark Thompson in his first season.

Hird coached Merrett in 2015 when the Essendon great returned from a 12-month AFL suspension after the Bombers supplements scandal.

He resigned later that season and had mental health struggles after the scandal.

Hird joined former Essendon teammate Mark McVeigh at GWS this season as a part-time leadership consultant.

He had a focus on the leadership group and emerging leaders of the club where he shared his own experiences to support their journeys.

Post Thanks / Like

I mean, he's right but gee... why say that?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    I mean, he's right but gee... why say that?
    I bet there are others at the club thinking the same way
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.