Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jesse Hogan

Post Thanks / Like

Jesse Hogan

Fremantle is adamant Jesse Hogan has no case to answer despite being taken to hospital after crashing into a parked car in Perth on Sunday morning.

Hogan was taken to the Fiona Stanley Hospital but later discharged after being cleared by doctors.

It is understood the airbag in Hogan’s car went off when he hit the parked vehicle while distracted when reaching for an object on his front seat.

A passer-by called an ambulance, with fears Hogan had suffered concussion from his car’s airbag.

His manager Jason Dover told the Herald Sun Hogan would make a quick recovery.

“He is fine. He presented to hospital and they were worried about concussion symptoms after a member of the public rang the ambulance, but he was discharged quickly and he has been cleared by the doctors,” Dover said.

Fremantle confirmed the incident, with Hogan given the day off training on Monday.

A Fremantle team doctor was with him at the time while he was in hospital.

Hogan missed Round 1 last year after going out on an alcohol-fuelled bender leading into the season, with his battle with mental health issues subsequently revealed.

The club said earlier this year he was guilty of “poor alcohol choices” after he missed a club training session the day after a drinking session.

But Fremantle is confident Hogan’s car accident was a simple case of lost concentration, with no suspicion he was under the influence of alcohol or other prescribed medicine.

Hogan is recovering from a navicular fracture sustained in his first season at the Dockers, with the former Melbourne star on track to return early in the season.

The powerful key forward has been in the limelight for much of his time at Fremantle, with an old 2016 video emerging this year of him drunk and with his pants around his ankles at a party.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jesse Hogan

I hate it when parked cars pull out in front of me! It came out of nowhere officer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I hate it when parked cars pull out in front of me! It came out of nowhere officer!
    Especially when I am trying to send a text
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Hogan has some clear demons that he has trouble handling, hope he gets help.

Post Thanks / Like

At least no alcohol was involved, that’s about the only plus.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    At least no alcohol was involved, that’s about the only plus.
    There is nothing that confirms this, just that he is under .05. In any case his issues weren't just with alcohol
    Last edited by Topdog; 26-11-2019 at 12:19 PM. Reason: added the word "just" for clarity

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    There is nothing that confirms this, just that he is under .05. In any case his issues weren't just with alcohol
    The old Colombian marching powder is alleged to be a bit if an issue too. He's not on his own there- a lot of pro athletes like it-but he apparently has some really bad issues with it and is a "one is too many and a thousand is not enough"* type like me.

*AA saying.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    This may not even have been confirmed. Its entirely possible he wasn't able to be Breath Tested at the scene, in which case he (if WA procedures are similar to Victoria), he'll have had a blood sample taken at the Hospital.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    This may not even have been confirmed. Its entirely possible he wasn't able to be Breath Tested at the scene, in which case he (if WA procedures are similar to Victoria), he'll have had a blood sample taken at the Hospital.
    Interesting the rumours that there was no police presence at the scene despite A Police policy being they attend any accident where the damage is likely to be > $3k (or if someone is injured).

Hogan doesn't seem in a great place.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Interesting the rumours that there was no police presence at the scene despite A Police policy being they attend any accident where the damage is likely to be > $3k (or if someone is injured).

Hogan doesn't seem in a great place.
    I don't think they are rumours, seems to be a fact:

A witness called triple-0 and Hogan was taken to Fiona Stanley Hospital about 40 minutes later via ambulance. Firefighters also attended and cordoned the area but police did not attend the scene and were unable to provide further details on the crash.
    Bizarrely happened near Joel Hamling's house, although he wasn't home.

Link

12. Thanks Mofra thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Wow, that's more dramatic than the article made it seem.

14. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I don't think they are rumours, seems to be a fact:

Bizarrely happened near Joel Hamling's house, although he wasn't home.

Link
    That reminds me that I heard on the radio this morning that he was leaving a BBQ at Hamling's house when it happened.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Rumour is he was texting Talia, apparently both have lost their phones so it will never proven.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

17. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    That reminds me that I heard on the radio this morning that he was leaving a BBQ at Hamling's house when it happened.
    on sunday morning?
    The dam wall has busted!