Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  13
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jesse Hogan

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jesse Hogan

Good luck to him, there is a fair suggestion that he has some other challenges but that is speculation until confirmed
    If true this is a big loss for Freo but other players will get their opportunities
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    SEN reporting (via some WA journo) that Freo are getting close to deciding to move Hogan on.

Apparently he has lost the confidence of the coaching staff and senior playing list and has been too undisciplined.

Performance based contract so minimum $ impact.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/02/...esse-hogan-on/
    It's Hagdorn though who has an amazing ability to get things wrong.

Anecdotally, football reporters on report on about 10% of what they hear. Kim must be up to about 80%.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post

Anecdotally, football reporters on report on about 10% of what they hear. Kim must be up to about 80%.
    I think in this case he is pretty close to correct.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

So who would take Hogan?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    So who would take Hogan?
    Melbourne.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

6. Likes bulldogtragic, Twodogs, azabob, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe but I refuse to believe any club would ignore that many videos of a young star being absolutely munted in public

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe but I refuse to believe any club would ignore that many videos of a young star being absolutely munted in public
    True. I guess there would have to be a reason Melbourne were willing to trade him while under contract.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

True. I guess there would have to be a reason Melbourne were willing to trade him while under contract.
    We see this all the time with kids with that much hype - they cannot focus on the game properly and commit to training as it has all come so easily up until AFL level.

I know he has offield issues so not minimising the impact of them - from a distance he doesn’t look a hard worker.

Perhaps being dumped will give him the wake up call he needs and his work rate can start to match his elite talent

Post Thanks / Like

We see this all the time with kids with that much hype - they cannot focus on the game properly and commit to training as it has all come so easily up until AFL level.

I know he has offield issues so not minimising the impact of them - from a distance he doesn’t look a hard worker.

Perhaps being dumped will give him the wake up call he needs and his work rate can start to match his elite talent
    The rumors about Hogan aren't flattering but unless Fremantle act on them they are still just rumors. I'm not sure they will move him on as is being suggested.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    The rumors about Hogan aren't flattering but unless Fremantle act on them they are still just rumors. I'm not sure they will move him on as is being suggested.
    What are the rumours other than he likes to swallow things that make his bottom jaw more prominent than it usually is?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    What are the rumours other than he likes to swallow things that make his bottom jaw more prominent than it usually is?
    Suck your teeth!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

From the outside he has always seemed like a different cat, Libba comes to mind.
    Not a bad thing sometimes it can actually be a plus.
    But if he has gone off the rails as well it might not be the normal rehab that fixes it.
    He has also been through a lot in recent years family and health wise.
    I guess it’s a watch this space thing.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Hogan in hot water: Police investigate breach after woman visits Docker in quarantine

Fremantle forward Jesse Hogan is facing a possible sanction from his club, with police investigating an alleged breach of Western Australia quarantine rules.

The Dockers on Wednesday confirmed Hogan would be forced to complete his quarantine in a hotel after a female non-resident of Hogan’s home visited his house.

It’s alleged the visitor entered the premises the day after Fremantle returned from Queensland.

Hogan informed the Dockers on Tuesday night that police had visited his home in accordance with the WA Government’s quarantine monitoring procedures.

Fremantle forward Jesse Hogan is facing a possible sanction from his club, with police investigating an alleged breach of Western Australia quarantine rules.

The Dockers on Wednesday confirmed Hogan would be forced to complete his quarantine in a hotel after a female non-resident of Hogan’s home visited his house.

It’s alleged the visitor entered the premises the day after Fremantle returned from Queensland.

Hogan informed the Dockers on Tuesday night that police had visited his home in accordance with the WA Government’s quarantine monitoring procedures.

We have worked very closely and effectively with WA police, the State Government and the AFL throughout the year, which provided us with the opportunity to complete our AFL season.

“The co-operation and understanding we have received from all parties during the season is something we do not take for granted. This makes the breach even more disappointing and incredibly frustrating.

“We will wait for Jesse to complete his hotel quarantine before determining what club-imposed sanction he will face.

“In the meantime, we will be reinforcing with all quarantined players and staff the importance of strict adherence to their quarantine protocols.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...1833ecaf0b421f

Post Thanks / Like

That's pretty stiff. Wonder how he was dobbed in?
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Coming from a hub with (obviously) no cases, from a state with virtually no cases.....

Float Along - Fill Your Lungs