Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jesse Hogan

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jesse Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    You can't hit a parked car and flip yourself when you're sober. Like if you can do that and are sober than clearly you shouldn't be allowed to drive anymore

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    You can't hit a parked car and flip yourself when you're sober. Like if you can do that and are sober than clearly you shouldn't be allowed to drive anymore
    Drink or drugs ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

It's actually much easier to roll a car than it seems sometimes. Hit a heavier car that's still whilst flinging away from it and you're possibly done.

He's really shat the bed in terms of public perception, but he's also very young and possibly very stupid which isn't something isolated to him. The best thing for him if his issues are reported correctly is for everyone to lay off a bit, but I can't see that happening.

People talk about addiction, though for the most part addiction isn't an issue. Fun is the major draw card for someone his age, profession and socio-economic situation, and until somebody or a club or whoever makes footy fun more broadly there's going to be more and more Jesse Hogans. Literally speaking, alcohol and drugs, going out and enjoying time with your mates, will continue to be more fun than playing on an AFL list. If you don't believe me, just weigh up the pros and cons for a moment, without thinking about your own life preferences.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It's actually much easier to roll a car than it seems sometimes. Hit a heavier car that's still whilst flinging away from it and you're possibly done.

He's really shat the bed in terms of public perception, but he's also very young and possibly very stupid which isn't something isolated to him. The best thing for him if his issues are reported correctly is for everyone to lay off a bit, but I can't see that happening.

People talk about addiction, though for the most part addiction isn't an issue. Fun is the major draw card for someone his age, profession and socio-economic situation, and until somebody or a club or whoever makes footy fun more broadly there's going to be more and more Jesse Hogans. Literally speaking, alcohol and drugs, going out and enjoying time with your mates, will continue to be more fun than playing on an AFL list. If you don't believe me, just weigh up the pros and cons for a moment, without thinking about your own life preferences.
    I aquaplaned the car just moving it from one parking spot to another spot across the road once. You just have to hit the accelerator at exactly the wrong time on a wet road and you end up in the neighbor's front yard! I had two kids in the car at the time so I wasn't in full rocket head mode either.

Automatic high performance cars don't help.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    You'd be surprised.

Given what appears to be a lack of bumper/panel damage on the visible sides, I'm thinking distraction (on his phone) might have been a factor here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    You'd be surprised.

Given what appears to be a lack of bumper/panel damage on the visible sides, I'm thinking distraction (on his phone) might have been a factor here.
    Ho do you reckon they got him out of the car? I'd have thought that the sunroof was the obvious escape hatch or is that really dangerous for a reason that hasn't occured to me?* Or is he still in it when the photo was taken?

*Keeping in mind that I really, really like smashing my way through doors and I don't often stop to think about the alternatives.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Ho do you reckon they got him out of the car? I'd have thought that the sunroof was the obvious escape hatch or is that really dangerous for a reason that hasn't occured to me?* Or is he still in it when the photo was taken?

*Keeping in mind that I really, really like smashing my way through doors and I don't often stop to think about the alternatives.
    The sunroof wouldn't have been an issue if it was able to be opened manually. A bloke of Hogan's size probably would've toppled the car if he'd tried to climb out of the driver's door. Where you can avoid smashing a window, you avoid smashing a window.

In saying that its not immediately obvious where he's exited from in that photo.

Post Thanks / Like

The sunroof wouldn't have been an issue if it was able to be opened manually. A bloke of Hogan's size probably would've toppled the car if he'd tried to climb out of the driver's door. Where you can avoid smashing a window, you avoid smashing a window.

In saying that its not immediately obvious where he's exited from in that photo.
    I reckon that he's still in the car in that photo.

Although I think that the airbags are deployed, I'm thinking there isn't room inside the car for the airbags to be full and a guy the size of Hogan.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I reckon that he's still in the car in that photo.

Although I think that the airbags are deployed, I'm thinking there isn't room inside the car for the airbags to be full and a guy the size of Hogan.
    Now that I look at it again, I'm beginning to think he wasn't alone in the car.

The reason I say this is because one of the passenger side airbags appears to be deployed.

In some modern cars the airbags don't deploy if there isn't a seatbelt being worn by the occupant of that seat.

Post Thanks / Like

Now that I look at it again, I'm beginning to think he wasn't alone in the car.

The reason I say this is because one of the passenger side airbags appears to be deployed.

In some modern cars the airbags don't deploy if there isn't a seatbelt being worn by the occupant of that seat.
    Both bags are definitely deployed.

Post Thanks / Like

FREMANTLE star Jesse Hogan is taking time away from football for mental health reasons.

"Jesse needs time away from the club so he can manage mental health challenges that he is dealing with and focus on his general wellbeing," general manager of football Peter Bell said.

"We believe it is the most appropriate course of action and, more importantly, it is what is best for Jesse's long-term health and wellbeing.

"We will continue to provide all the necessary and ongoing care and support Jessie requires, as we would do for any of our players."

Hogan was recovering from foot surgery that restricted him to 12 games in his first season with the Dockers last year.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Jesus the AFL world can be savage.

He's in his early 20s, lost his father, had cancer himself then has had a serious foot injury to deal with while being under enormous scrutiny and already there are people online spreading all sorts of rumours about him and slamming his character.

And people wonder why mental health issues are on the rise in the AFL.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Jesus the AFL world can be savage.

He's in his early 20s, lost his father, had cancer himself then has had a serious foot injury to deal with while being under enormous scrutiny and already there are people online spreading all sorts of rumours about him and slamming his character.

And people wonder why mental health issues are on the rise in the AFL.
    He's very fortunate that he's in an environment that is highly professional and very aware of the MH challenges sportsman might face
    We shouldn't question why, just accept that Freo will fully support him
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He's very fortunate that he's in an environment that is highly professional and very aware of the MH challenges sportsman might face
    We shouldn't question why, just accept that Freo will fully support him
    Well said Gary. Nobody can pretend to understand what struggles are going in in someone else's mind. But like you say the ilver lining is he is in an environment where he will be looked after and nurtured. And the competitive environment and physical nature of training for AFL footy should be good for him to

Post Thanks / Like

SEN reporting (via some WA journo) that Freo are getting close to deciding to move Hogan on.

Apparently he has lost the confidence of the coaching staff and senior playing list and has been too undisciplined.

Performance based contract so minimum $ impact.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/02/...esse-hogan-on/