Thanks Thanks:  77
Likes Likes:  355
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Western Bulldogs: Cody Weightman

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    The Kozzy effect.
    Melbourne would've taken Cody if Kysaiah was gone is my understanding, so their team rated him highly also.

We might've both struck gold. Both list teams have been very good of late, no surprise the teams are doing well.

Post Thanks / Like

I watched the Naughton speccy again, and it is better for Weightman’s reaction. After watching it front on, Cody jumps up (didn’t quite leave the ground), double fist pumps, yells out and grins from ear to ear. He’s like a Western Bulldogs player while being a Western Bulldogs superfan. That’s the response of pretty much everyone of us in the stand or at home. You hear so many kids say ‘I just love to play footy’, but when Cody says it I actually believe it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

3. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I watched the Naughton speccy again, and it is better for Weightman’s reaction. After watching it front on, Cody jumps up (didn’t quite leave the ground), double fist pumps, yells out and grins from ear to ear. He’s like a Western Bulldogs player while being a Western Bulldogs superfan. That’s the response of pretty much everyone of us in the stand or at home. You hear so many kids say ‘I just love to play footy’, but when Cody says it I actually believe it.
    I went to the Footscray v Essendon practice match earlier in the year at Tullamarine and was watching along the fence on the wing. One of the Dogs players smothered it and Cody ran about 50 metres with a smile on his face, yelled 'that was *!*!*!*!ing awesome!' and gave him a high five before running off. Just chuffed on life the kid.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    i went to the footscray v essendon practice match earlier in the year at tullamarine and was watching along the fence on the wing. One of the dogs players smothered it and cody ran about 50 metres with a smile on his face, yelled 'that was *!*!*!*!ing awesome!' and gave him a high five before running off. Just chuffed on life the kid.
    *!*!*!*!ing awesome!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Ha its bloody contagious it's impossible not to smile when he's being interviewed.
    He's got a bit of young Michael J Fox Back to the Future/Teenwolf about him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Ha its bloody contagious it's impossible not to smile when he's being interviewed.
    He's got a bit of young Michael J Fox Back to the Future/Teenwolf about him.
    Funny I was thinking the same thing watching the replay

8. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve loved watching him in vfl and thought he’d do well if given another go. Hope we are patient as he is not going to kick 3 goals every week. I still think we’ve potentially found an answer to our small forward woes. Agree his positive demeanour is infectious.

10. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cody’s season so far:

Rated Elite Against AFEL Comps Other Small Forwards (via afel app):

Elite Averages:

2.5 Marks I50
    2 Marks on Lead
    1.5 Contested Marks
    2.5 Goals
    2.0 Behinds
    1.5 Tackles I50
    8.5 Score Involvements
    1.5 Goal Assists
    4.5 Shots at Goal
    10.5 Kicks
    74.5 AFL Fantasy Points

Above average, averages:

254 Metres Gained
    4.5 Marks
    3 I50’s
    6 Contested Possessions
    55.6% Goal Accuracy
    3 Tackles
    6 Effective Kicks

We have a jet. Enjoy it. If he keeps this up, a Rising Star maybe. Now get over players we couldn’t draft. This one is worth savouring.

12. Thanks Bulldog4life, Twodogs thanked for this post
    Likes Dry Rot, Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Cody’s season so far:

Rated Elite Against AFEL Comps Other Small Forwards (via afel app):

Elite Averages:

2.5 Marks I50
    2 Marks on Lead
    1.5 Contested Marks
    2.5 Goals
    2.0 Behinds
    1.5 Tackles I50
    8.5 Score Involvements
    1.5 Goal Assists
    4.5 Shots at Goal
    10.5 Disposals

We have a jet. Enjoy it. If he keeps this up, a Rising Star maybe. Now get over players we couldn’t draft. This one is worth savouring.
    We have a tall forward in Naughton who terrifies defenders in the air, but also applies small forward pressure, and now a midget key forward in Weightman who is learning how to be a small forward who can hurt you in the air and on the ground.
    Good luck to opposition defensive coaches!!

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't completely enamoured with how Cody went about getting the fifty he did, from the moment he tapped his grounded opponent to taking a fall and I hope we pull him up on it.

But, he's very easy to get excited about because of the fact for someone his size he can do it all and is a natural.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I wasn't completely enamoured with how Cody went about getting the fifty he did, from the moment he tapped his grounded opponent to taking a fall and I hope we pull him up on it.

But, he's very easy to get excited about because of the fact for someone his size he can do it all and is a natural.
    I absolutely loved the entire play, got the free, did enough to entice a 50, massive smile after kicking the simplest of goals.

Very good start to 2021 for him, hopefully he keeps developing as such

Post Thanks / Like

I know he milked it, but there was some force in the push.. it was completely dumb by Howard.

Cody's defensive efforts were very good last night ( the area of his game I was most concerned about) with a couple of smothers the highlight... he is developing very nicely.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I know he milked it, but there was some force in the push.. it was completely dumb by Howard.

Cody's defensive efforts were very good last night ( the area of his game I was most concerned about) with a couple of smothers the highlight... he is developing very nicely.
    It was a sell worthy of the Nature Boy Ric Flair. Used the force Howard used against him. And then had a big s***- eating grin on his face once the whistle blew.

Football theatre at its finest.

Just seemed to be smiling all game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    it was a sell worthy of the nature boy ric flair. Used the force howard used against him. And then had a big s***- eating grin on his face once the whistle blew.

wooooooo
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    I absolutely loved the entire play, got the free, did enough to entice a 50, massive smile after kicking the simplest of goals.

Very good start to 2021 for him, hopefully he keeps developing as such
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    It was a sell worthy of the Nature Boy Ric Flair. Used the force Howard used against him. And then had a big s***- eating grin on his face once the whistle blew.

It didn't bother me at all - if you game the system and they fall for it fair play to you.

It does make me think back to a certain moment in 2009 and I don't think some of us here were as accepting of that....
    "It's over. It's all over."

20. Likes jeemak liked this post