Thanks Thanks:  77
Likes Likes:  355
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Western Bulldogs: Cody Weightman

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Thank you ... You just saved Christmas !!

Never gonna give you up ...
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Thank you ... You just saved Christmas !!

Never gonna give you up ...
    Is Cody the blonde one.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Here he is on Footy show:

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Thanks Mofra, The Adelaide Connection thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

6. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Our best forward under 193cm for us.

I love the effort all night not a huge game. But 10 touches, 2 marks, 2 tackles I50, 26 pressure acts, 3 I50’s, 4 score involvements and 1.1 with some spark. In a team well beaten.

Anyone interested in the head to head, despite having the ball a lot more in his forward line in a winning team, Weightman won the head to head with Pickett across the main stats, at worst a draw depending on how you weight them. When the heat goes up in finals, we will be more than happy with our young gun while the outside noise it about Kossie.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Our best forward under 193cm for us.

I love the effort all night not a huge game. But 10 touches, 2 marks, 2 tackles I50, 26 pressure acts, 3 I50’s, 4 score involvements and 1.1 with some spark. In a team well beaten.

Anyone interested in the head to head, despite having the ball a lot more in his forward line in a winning team, Weightman won the head to head with Pickett across the main stats, at worst a draw depending on how you weight them. When the heat goes up in finals, we will be more than happy with our young gun while the outside noise it about Kossie.
    Weightman learns a lot more tonight, than he did last week.
    He's gonna be fine. I loved how despite having a horror night, he kept his energy and effort up all game.
    I'm an idiot. Thankfully I didn't post it here, but I told friends that I thought he was a poor selection, and we drafted a dwarf small forward, that was superfluous to our structure.
    I am really happy to be wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Weightman learns a lot more tonight, than he did last week.
    He's gonna be fine. I loved how despite having a horror night, he kept his energy and effort up all game.
    I'm an idiot. Thankfully I didn't post it here, but I told friends that I thought he was a poor selection, and we drafted a dwarf small forward, that was superfluous to our structure.
    I am really happy to be wrong.
    Spewing he missed that double candy selling snap, just bent it too much. But that innate forward skill and flare you just can’t teach. He’s going be a very special player.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 29-05-2021 at 07:50 PM.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

10. Likes chef, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Spewing he missed that double candy selling snap, just bent it too much. But that I ate forward skill and flare you just can’t teach. He’s going be a very special player.
    Would have been goal of the match. I agree BT he will be a special player for us hopefully for years to come. Really enjoy watching him play.

Post Thanks / Like

Remember when we had a goal kicking small forward that made POS like Wilson punch them in the nuts they just hated them so much.

I do. I love Cody. No ones punching Kossie in the nuts.

13. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Remember when we had a goal kicking small forward that made POS like Wilson punch them in the nuts they just hated them so much.

I do. I love Cody. No ones punching Kossie in the nuts.
    I still can't believe he did that. What a feral.

Cody has some tough genitalia too, not sure he lost his smile throughout the entire ordeal!

Post Thanks / Like

Great value. He was right in the thick of it for good stretches tonight, great that he was able to show up Wilson, the flog.

Post Thanks / Like

Gerard Healy mentioned Melbourne recruiters were worried if they missed securing Weightman, that it was a tough call. Healy said both clubs would be thrilled. He’s right. Amazing that two players from different states were both the players wanted and so far, their output is near identical, if not a little favouring Cody in some more crucial areas:

Weightman vs Pickett

2021 Stats in Averages

8.5 Kicks 8.5
    3.2 Handballs 4.8
    11.8 Disposals 13.2
    3.2 Marks 2.6
    2.0 Goals 1.7
    1.2 Behinds 1.6
    3.0 Tackles 3.8
    3.0 Inside 50s 2.5
    0.8 Goal Assists 0.7
    5.5 Contested Possessions 6.6
    6.0 Uncontested Possessions 6.7
    7.5 Eff, Disposals 7.9
    63.6% Disp. Eff. % 59.8%
    2.0 Clangers 2.3
    0.8 Cont. Marks 0.1
    1.8 Marks I50 1.2
    0 Clearances 1.2
    0.5 Rebound 50s 0.2
    0.8 One Percenters 0.8
    75.5 TOG % 77.9
    0 Cent. Clear. 0.3
    0 Stop. Clear. 0.8
    6.2 Score Involve. 5.8
    216.0 Metres Gained 247.4
    3.2 Turnovers 1.9
    1.2 Intercepts 1.6
    2.0 Tackles I50 1.8
    76.5 Supercoach 75.6

Cody just has him for goals (and accuracy), goal assists, score involvements, disposal efficiency and is cleaner generally and at goal, R50’s, inside 50’s, tackles I50, marks I50 and contested marks.

Kossie has a bit more ball but only a smidge on effective disposal, metres gained, Clearances, overall tackles and intercepts.

Both supporters bases will be very happy for a long while. Gerard Healy can be right.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 06-06-2021 at 11:59 PM.

17. Likes Smads57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Both need to work on their hitouts.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Both need to work on their hitouts.
    I was looking the other day at their combine results for jumping. Cody has him covered by a fair margin across the vertical 69cm (=5th at the combine, Pickett not seen) and they jointly got 83cm running vertical. Both clocked 3.00 for the 20m sprint too. Similar in deed. If Sweet goes down though, Cody might be practicing hit ruck work...

Post Thanks / Like

I was looking the other day at their combine results for jumping. Cody has him covered by a fair margin across the vertical 69cm (=5th at the combine, Pickett not seen) and they jointly got 83cm running vertical. Both clocked 3.00 for the 20m sprint too. Similar in deed. If Sweet goes down though, Cody might be practicing hit ruck work...
    Both excellent athletes and both natural smaller forward taken high in the draft which is good to see.

Just being a bit picky here BT, but you should bold the lower number in clangers and turnovers to show who's leading those fields.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.