Thanks Thanks:  77
Likes Likes:  355
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Western Bulldogs: Cody Weightman

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I know you're only joking but I saw a 2000s members hat sell for $50 online earlier this week.
    I'm rich.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I'm rich.
    Time to resign and go full gangster. Walk around the office and tell everyone exactly what you think of them and where the bosses can shove a fire hose. It’s all gravy now EW, you luck bastard.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Walk around the office and tell everyone exactly what you think of them and where the bosses can shove a fire hose.
    I generally do that anyway. Might explain why my career is going down the tube.
    "It's over. It's all over."

4. Likes bulldogtragic, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone see footage this week of Weightman slotting a goal from over the fence?
    The kid can seriously bend them.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Did anyone see footage this week of Weightman slotting a goal from over the fence?
    The kid can seriously bend them.
    Yeah-It was stunning. Bend it like Flea.

Post Thanks / Like

Will kick 5 on the weekend. He’s primed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Will kick 5 on the weekend. He’s primed.
    All from free kicks
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

9. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you tell Cody? Fly at everything and take a ping at the crazy goals? Or pull it back it in a bit?

Who do they send to Cody? He has got speed, good overhead mark and leading, leaping over Gawn ability and willingness to pressure anyone near him to stop an easy D50 exit. Plus he’s got the ability to kick straight. Everyone in media land referencing our marking power as Naughton, Schache & English with Hannan getting some love for his Contested marking last week. But that first quarter vs North was a window into his ability to be another threat in the air, plus do all the crazy good things pretty much only he can on our list.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

11. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been meditating, just visualising how Saturday night will play out. Then I got to us winning and looked across at Cody. Can you imagine his excitement levels when the final siren sounds?
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    I’ve been meditating, just visualising how Saturday night will play out. Then I got to us winning and looked across at Cody. Can you imagine his excitement levels when the final siren sounds?
    5.8 on the Richter scale?

14. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

5.8 on the Richter scale?
    And plenty of aftershocks too!!
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

16. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you tell Cody? Fly at everything and take a ping at the crazy goals? Or pull it back it in a bit?

Who do they send to Cody? He has got speed, good overhead mark and leading, leaping over Gawn ability and willingness to pressure anyone near him to stop an easy D50 exit. Plus he’s got the ability to kick straight. Everyone in media land referencing our marking power as Naughton, Schache & English with Hannan getting some love for his Contested marking last week. But that first quarter vs North was a window into his ability to be another threat in the air, plus do all the crazy good things pretty much only he can on our list.
    He does not jump at everything. He is already smart enough to know that. That game against the Norf, he was marking on hard, quick leads. If the opportunity presents itself, I expect him to do the same.

Just let him play naturally but more than anything (like the rest of the side, let alone the forwards) they MUST exert pressure. That is what has got him to where he is at.

In a similar vein to the more recent comments, the side's pressure rating has to be off the Richter Scale (and well above a measly 5.8)!

Post Thanks / Like

"New" cap for Flea

19. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

VFL/AFEL Goal Kicking Accuracy - 1965-2022 (records date back to) - Minimum 50 Scoring Shots - All Clubs:

1. Michael Murphy - 63.19 - 76.83
    2. Tory Dickson - 181.61 - 74.79
    3. Mathew Capuano - 37.13 - 74.00
    4. Cody Weightman* - 65.24* - 73.03*

Or for complete bias: Of All VFL/AFEL Players Goal Kicking Accuracy with a minimum of 64 Total Goals, 50+ shots (1965-2022) - All Clubs:

1. Tory Dickson - 181.61 - 74.79
    2. Cody Weightman* - 65.24* - 73.03*

21. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Likes Go_Dogs, jeemak, jazzadogs, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good stat that. Thanks BT