Thanks Thanks:  77
Likes Likes:  354
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Western Bulldogs: Cody Weightman

We are finally getting some guys who can kick into the forward half.

It's only been 150 years.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Just watched a clip on Cody miked up, looks like he is fitting in really well, one thing I noticed is when he kicks he practically puts the ball on his foot when kicking, not much ball drop at all which means he kicks very accurate but wouldn’t be a long kick, perfect for a player in the forward fifty.
    Must admit didn’t see if the kick floats or darts though.
    Bring back the biff

3. Likes Eastdog, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Just watched a clip on Cody miked up, looks like he is fitting in really well, one thing I noticed is when he kicks he practically puts the ball on his foot when kicking, not much ball drop at all which means he kicks very accurate but wouldn’t be a long kick, perfect for a player in the forward fifty.
    Must admit didn’t see if the kick floats or darts though.
    He looks right at home already confidence wise. I remember thinking at draft time how good a person he sounded in his interviews - imagine he becomes a locker room favourite and a big part of the culture.

Can’t wait to see what he can produce in the field.

Anyone reckon he plays round 1?

5. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    He looks right at home already confidence wise. I remember thinking at draft time how good a person he sounded in his interviews - imagine he becomes a locker room favourite and a big part of the culture.

Can’t wait to see what he can produce in the field.

Anyone reckon he plays round 1?
    To me he is a copy of Bailey Smith in nature and attitude, can see then being the twins like Johnno and Rohan for many years to come.
    Bring back the biff

7. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

To me he is a copy of Bailey Smith in nature and attitude, can see then being the twins like Johnno and Rohan for many years to come.
    If he goes anywhere near performing to Smiths level in his first season he's in for an excellent one
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

9. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    If he goes anywhere near performing to Smiths level in his first season he's in for an excellent one
    Bubba wore #31 that year, I still remember a goal he kicked against St Kilda at the Barkly street end from the dead pocket. Right foot, across the body-a deadset cracker.

Rohan Smith's mum was my kindergarten teacher. He was the neighborhood's impossibly good boy that everybody else's mum used to look at and think "why can't my son be more like little Rohan?" I hugged him on GF day and told him what a pain in the arse he was back in the day but all was forgiven now.

We'd play cricket on the road out the front of our houses like we did years ago and Rohan would ride his bike around and around the block hoping that we'd ask him to join in. We did once and he was so good we never asked him again-we were all 5-8 years older and didn't want to be shown up by how good little Rohan was.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Bubba wore #31 that year, I still remember a goal he kicked against St Kilda at the Barkly street end from the dead pocket. Right foot, across the body-a deadset cracker.

Rohan Smith's mum was my kindergarten teacher. He was the neighborhood's impossibly good boy that everybody else's mum used to look at and think "why can't my son be more like little Rohan?" I hugged him on GF day and told him what a pain in the arse he was back in the day but all was forgiven now.

We'd play cricket on the road out the front of our houses like we did years ago and Rohan would ride his bike around and around the block hoping that we'd ask him to join in. We did once and he was so good we never asked him again-we were all 5-8 years older and didn't want to be shown up by how good little Rohan was.
    I think he was referring to Bailey Smiths first year.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I think he was referring to Bailey Smiths first year.
    Too many Smiths.

Although Morrisey played at Hawthorn.

13. Likes Prince Imperial, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Too many Smiths.

Not enough Smiths

Post Thanks / Like

Too many Smiths.

Well we do play at Marrs Stadium...

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to the Western Bulldogs: Cody Weightman

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post
    Well we do play at Marrs Stadium...
    Very good. I looked for a way to fit Johnny in. Mike Joyce we could work around Alan and come up with something and then there is (Andy) Rourke Smith just to complete the circle.

17. Likes Prince Imperial liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't see Cody playing round one, but may get his chance in the second half of the season. A bit like West who he will be competing for a place against.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I can't see Cody playing round one, but may get his chance in the second half of the season. A bit like West who he will be competing for a place against.
    It's good that we have gone from being relatively barren in terms of small pressure act forwards to having two fairly well regarded ( Would West have gone in the first round if he weren't F/S?) competing for the same spot. More importantly we have players they can crumb too.

I think given now we will have a quality ball user in the forward six we can structure up with 3 talls in the forward 50. So something like

Dickson Bruce West/Weightman
    Schasche Naughton Lloyd
    Depending on match ups we could bring bring Libba or Wally or whoever in as the situation demands. It's going to be fun for once watching US drive THEM mad by sending talls or mids or shorts to exploit their defensive problems.

20. Likes strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think West is a small forward. He will play there if he gets an AFL game at the moment because the middle is stacked, but he's a midfielder.

The player we are forgetting about is Cavarra. He's the guy we drafted to slot straight into that small forward position, unfortunately his body let him down. If he can stay fit this year I expect Bevo will give him a chance to show whether he is up to the level or not.

22. Likes Mofra, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I don't think West is a small forward. He will play there if he gets an AFL game at the moment because the middle is stacked, but he's a midfielder.

The player we are forgetting about is Cavarra. He's the guy we drafted to slot straight into that small forward position, unfortunately his body let him down. If he can stay fit this year I expect Bevo will give him a chance to show whether he is up to the level or not.
    Really hope he gets a crack. Was electric in his last year in the VFL in that exact role and comes across as the best bloke in the world. Maybe second best after Moz

24. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post