Thanks Thanks:  77
Likes Likes:  355
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Western Bulldogs: Cody Weightman

Yep, I was one who was in the Kosi vs weightman camp, but weightman has certainly opened my eyes to what he is capable of. His enthusiasm is infectious. He loves footy and he brings that onto the field and to his team mates. He had really good defensive pressures last night and worked really hard. I also liked the fact that he knows where to lead and is a good mover. He’s not one who has to take a screamer every time. Let him use it when others least expect it. Great start to the year for him. He’s maturing every game.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

2. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Yep, I was one who was in the Kosi vs weightman camp, but weightman has certainly opened my eyes to what he is capable of. His enthusiasm is infectious. He loves footy and he brings that onto the field and to his team mates. He had really good defensive pressures last night and worked really hard. I also liked the fact that he knows where to lead and is a good mover. He’s not one who has to take a screamer every time. Let him use it when others least expect it. Great start to the year for him. He’s maturing every game.
    There was a moment on the wing about mid game took my eye.

Was a long ball out of defence he was high forward / wing and as the ball came in he made the conscious decision to stay down. Mightve been Bruce I can't recall but he clearly summed it up and set himself to rove.

That shows to me he has a good brain and listens to the coaches because he was flying for everything in the VFL.

4. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ll admit he’s surprised me. He has been fantastic since coming into the team. I didn’t expect his awareness but I’ve loved everything from him. His energy clearly contagious as it’s coincided with JJs fantastic form.

6. Likes DOG GOD, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    It was a sell worthy of the Nature Boy Ric Flair. Used the force Howard used against him. And then had a big s***- eating grin on his face once the whistle blew.

Football theatre at its finest.

Just seemed to be smiling all game.
    What do you mean I fall flat on my entire back all the time.

Actually as an aside Ric Flair never bumped on the flat of his back because of an injury he suffered in a plane crash. So maybe it was more Mr Perfect.

Anyway, Cody rules. I blame the hubs and the North Korean style press communication that came out of them for not being at all into him before.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

8. Likes bulldogtragic, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Kosi is a moot point - he was not available at our selection. Cody has been fantastic in his first 3 games back in the team this year.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

10. Likes azabob, The Bulldogs Bite, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I wasn't completely enamoured with how Cody went about getting the fifty he did, from the moment he tapped his grounded opponent to taking a fall and I hope we pull him up on it.

But, he's very easy to get excited about because of the fact for someone his size he can do it all and is a natural.
    Mate, you defended him all last year and over pre season, now your going with some tough love in faking for 50’s!
    More of an In Bruges guy?

12. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He's the type you love having on your own side but would absolutely hate if he's on the oppo. The energy and mannerisms we find endearing drive the other side mad.

Love it.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

14. Likes Happy Days, jeemak, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    He's the type you love having on your own side but would absolutely hate if he's on the oppo. The energy and mannerisms we find endearing drive the other side mad.

Love it.
    Exactly. It’s not meant to be objective. I don’t give the Saints $650 a year.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post

Love it.
    All good small forwards are hateable if they are playing for someone else.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

17. Likes DOG GOD, bulldogsthru&thru, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    All good small forwards are hateable if they are playing for someone else.
    Yeah, about time we had one.

I've turned on Kozzy over the past few weeks. His flopping for frees has become ridiculous and I am now firmly part of Cody Nation.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Watching the replay, last quarter and the absurdly long goal review on JJ’s goal. The only reason it gets there as a goal was Weightman running as quick as he could to get to the goal line and putting his body on the line to hold back the Saints defender who launched into him. At best he gets credited a 1%, but that presence of mind to do the team thing and cop a hit for JJ to goal (despite being 97 points up) I imagine is going to get a big, big tick from Bevo.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

20. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Mate, you defended him all last year and over pre season, now your going with some tough love in faking for 50’s!
    Yes, my support comes at a price.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    His enthusiasm is infectious. He loves footy and he brings that onto the field and to his team mates. He had really good defensive pressures last night and worked really hard. I also liked the fact that he knows where to lead and is a good mover. He’s not one who has to take a screamer every time. Let him use it when others least expect it. Great start to the year for him. He’s maturing every game.
    100% agree! His energy and enthusiasm is team lifting. It’s awesome watching a genuine forward running around our F50, a bloke that just wants to kick goals every chance he gets rather than pass it off

23. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The tap on the shoulder was about as innocuous an act as you'll see on the footy field. 'Cheeky' is about the worst you could describe it.

Blokes punch each other in the stomach all the time, Cody's fine. You also can't bump a bloke who has the ball once he has the mark or free kick like that. Not off the ball so easy 50 and sucked in Howard.
    Last edited by hujsh; 24-05-2021 at 02:49 PM.

25. Likes bulldogsthru&thru, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    The tap on the shoulder was about an innocuous an act as you'll see on the footy field. 'Cheeky' is about the worst you could describe it.

Blokes punch each other in the stomach all the time, Cody's fine. You also can't bump a bloke who has the ball once he has the mark or free kick like that. Not off the ball so easy 50 and sucked in Howard.
    If you watch the replay closely he didn't see it coming until the last second. So even the little bit of milking he did had amazing reflexes. Cheeky is all it is. Exactly what irritating small forwards do. As you said, it was after he was paid the free. If it was in open play I wouldn't like it. Howard's got anger issues and he was completely sucked in. Well played Cody.

27. Likes Testekill liked this post