Thanks Thanks:  77
Likes Likes:  354
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Western Bulldogs: Cody Weightman

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Welcome Toby! What a forward line we are building. Has a very endearing personality - will be popular with the young fans and a Dalhaus marketing replacement. Also think he is really happy to be with us based on pre-draft interview yesterday.
    And when we get Ugle-Hagan next year the forward line will be startling.

2. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely fills a need and seems like the type that won't leave any stone unturned to get the most out of himself.

Reminds me a little of a more polished Dahlhaus which is exciting. Can see our young supporters loving him.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

4. Likes Raw Toast, anfo27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the snaps in highlights was on left foot rather then his preferred right. Tackling looks good too. Reckon the dogs fans are gonna have fun yelling “Co-deeee”. A Picken replacement as small crumbing/marking forward who is very competitive?

I do hope Cavarra has some luck as I do think he has something to offer - good disposal from what I have seen in vfl. We do have 4 to 5 rather short players now (Cody, West, Cavarra and Caleb & possibly Maclean). Will be interesting with competition for spots from our short brigade.

Post Thanks / Like

One of the snaps in highlights was on left foot rather then his preferred right. Tackling looks good too. Reckon the dogs fans are gonna have fun yelling “Co-deeee”. A Picken replacement as small crumbing/marking forward who is very competitive?

I do hope Cavarra has some luck as I do think he has something to offer - good disposal from what I have seen in vfl. We do have 4 to 5 rather short players now (Cody, West, Cavarra and Caleb & possibly Maclean). Will be interesting with competition for spots from our short brigade.
    Weightman's leap helps. Doesn't play small.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Weightman seems both fit for our needs and best available. Welcome Cody!
    I'm thinking Matty Robbins.
    Watching the footage, Robbins was the first player I thought of.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

8. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the club Cody, hopefully a long,prosperous and many goal career in whats becoming a very exciting forward line.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

I like his highlights packages, but particularly his pressure acts and second efforts.

We'll need that with three tall forwards and Dale and Lloyd are not renowned for that.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Watched this vid there is another just below it featuring a n international in Ireland went a rather feisty jack Russell gets on the ground who played very hard for the ball I thought this bodes well
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

12. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

https://twitter.com/i/status/1199647738268250113 Interview with Cody at the draft tonight from WB twitter account.

14. Thanks strebla thanked for this post
    Likes Raw Toast, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just found this article

Most 18-year-olds heading to Bali after their school exams don't have meditation in mind.

Then again, most of those teenagers aren't prospective round-one AFL draft picks.

Cody Weightman used some of the holiday to clear his head, with the small forward tipped to join the Western Bulldogs in Wednesday night's selections.

"Mentally it was awesome, just to be alone for 10 days in the end and really consider things deeply, find a bit of peace," he said.

"I did a heap of meditation, a bit of yoga, all that.

"I love all that stuff.

"The mental side of football is the most developing area in our game; everyone tries to get ahead of the game and that's for me."

Also in Bali, Weightman made contact with former Essendon player Rick Olarenshaw and kept up his training to make sure he is ready for his first AFL pre-season.

Weightman was seen at Bulldogs training last week, intensifying the speculation that he will be their round-one pick.

"It's a lovely place and I'd be stoked if I could end up at the Dogs - but pretty much likewise for any other club too," Weightman said of Whitten Oval.

His love of a high-flying mark has many drawing comparisons to Collingwood's Jamie Elliott and he certainly has the chatty personality of a goalsneak.

Weightman has been a bolter this season, earning All-Australian honours after starting the year with a much lower profile among the draft hopefuls.

"I was definitely further down the pecking order," he said.

"It just goes to show, I didn't change a whole heap, I just backed in what I was doing and stayed really committed and true to myself.

"Footy is just a real passion for me. It's the love of my life basically this far. I was never going to quit.

"It's that confidence and belief; you just have to really back yourself and stay true to your character."
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

16. Thanks Raw Toast thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Given that McAsey wasn't going to make it to our pick, I was really hoping for Weightman. A great choice by us.

Post Thanks / Like

What round will he debut?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

That snap on the left was awesome, he had no time just cooly threaded it on the turn.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    What round will he debut?
    Round 1.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

That's proper goal kicking technique he's got there what a unique ability . Great addition.