Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  32
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Western Bulldogs: Louis Butler

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Haha. Considering it's Australia Day, I wonder if the cops read out the act at Eureka. Bulldogtragic might know, with respect, very different times.
    The riot act wasn't read at Eureka but Martial Law was imposed afterwards. The cops and the troopers went so off tap that around 8am the second in command of the British forces Captain Charles Pasley, was so sickened by the carnage he threatened to shoot any police or soldiers who continued with the slaughter.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    The riot act wasn't read at Eureka but Martial Law was imposed afterwards. The cops and the troopers went so off tap that around 8am the second in command of the British forces Captain Charles Pasley, was so sickened by the carnage he threatened to shoot any police or soldiers who continued with the slaughter.
    And they say the miners were revolting, sounds like the troopers were the revolting ones. 1854 and the year Ned Kelly was born...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    And they say the miners were revolting, sounds like the troopers were the revolting ones. 1854 and the year Ned Kelly was born...
    Did you say Ned Kelly?

4. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the host, holes in the story of Ned playing for Williamstown but he did pick up the skills of a mason so probably did help build bluestone wall in Willie and did help build a bluestone wall in Footscray region.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking at training vision on the Sunshine Coast, Louis is working with the backline coach (Rohan Smith)
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Looking at training vision on the Sunshine Coast, Louis is working with the backline coach (Rohan Smith)
    Richards as well.
    Butlers kicking is pretty good anb earned some praise
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Did you just put this thread back on topic?

9. Likes bornadog, hujsh, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Did you just put this thread back on topic?
    It's not easy sometimes
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

11. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting, considering we basically came out on draft day and anointed im a future wingman. Played hs u18 year predominantly in defence.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Interesting, considering we basically came out on draft day and anointed im a future wingman. Played hs u18 year predominantly in defence.
    Bubba has done a lot of development work in his coaching, probably more than anyone on our coaching panel. It wouldn't surprise me if he continued to do a bit of development work in addition to his line coach duties. The dude is seriously addicted to football.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck on Thursday
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...er-s-big-break

Butler’s big break

Louis Butler will become the Western Bulldogs’ third debutant for the 2020 season

Eighteen-year-old Louis Butler will become the Western Bulldogs’ third debutant for the 2020 season when he lines up against Sydney this Thursday night.

The running defender has earned his senior call-up, joining Ben Cavarra and Laitham Vandermeer as first-gamers for the red, white and blue this year.

Senior Coach Luke Beveridge broke the news to an unsuspecting Butler before Tuesday’s main training session at VU Whitten Oval.

“I didn’t really hear any news from Bevo or any of the other coaches about it,” he said.

“We were just doing a game review, and it got to the end and Bevo started talking a bit about me, and just said I was playing.

“All the boys got around me. It’s something I’ll probably never forget. It’s a dream come true. I’m over the moon.”

Butler arrived at the Bulldogs as a third-round selection in last year’s NAB AFL Draft (pick 53) after being a standout performer for the Sandringham Dragons in the NAB League and captaining his school team at Brighton Grammar.

He was a standout on the training track over the summer and has used his blend of speed, endurance, courage and strong decision-making to force his way into the senior team.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Louis!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

I know we are in a content driven world, but wouldn't have been better to keep this one under wraps till the teams are announced?

I just feel like it is showing our hand a little early, gives the swans time to adjust/prepare/predict 24 hours earlier.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    I know we are in a content driven world, but wouldn't have been better to keep this one under wraps till the teams are announced?

I just feel like it is showing our hand a little early, gives the swans time to adjust/prepare/predict 24 hours earlier.
    Not sure they can adjust much for a player they would have very little knowledge of.

All they know at this point is that Dunkley is not playing, but everybody knew that from the injury report.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured