Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
    Post Thanks / Like

Big man Tim English is sick of eating

Big man Tim English is sick of eating

Western Bulldogs ruckman Tim English says putting on weight is easier said than done.

English, who is entering his third year of senior footy, is intent on continuing to build his frame as he looks to keep pace with the top ruckmen in the league.

The 205cm big man provided a unique insight into how often he needs to eat to build up his playing weight.

“The amount of food you had to consume is probably one of the more difficult parts of putting on size,” he told SEN Summer Breakfast.

“I’m still trying to eat as much as I can, whenever I have a spare five minutes, I try to get some food in.

“You actually get sick of eating, which is a funny thing to say. It’s actually quite difficult.

“I love my chocolate but luckily it doesn’t show up.”

The Western Bulldogs crashed out of the 2019 finals series, losing to the GWS Giants by 58 points.

The Dogs were widely criticised for not being able to handle the physical nature of the context and English admitted they’d look to do things different next time if a similar situation arose.

“I think it’s kind of obvious the Giants targeted us physically,” he said.

“We probably didn’t stand up to stand up to that as much as we would have liked but I know everyone within the club if we did get that opportunity again would be more prepared and ready.

“We’d look to implement our game style within (the game) which would give us a better opportunity of winning.”
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Big man Tim English is sick of eating

It's one of those things that you need to put on size but you still like to keep your mobility.
    I wonder what target weight he is looking at?
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

3. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Still the most intruiging player on our list.

He has shown an ability in the ruck, leading out from deep in the F50, aerial, ground, he can do it.

What does putting on weight mean for him? How important is it, or is it really strength that we're targeting?

His ceiling will dictate our next 5 year window to an extent. I'm all aboard the big chilli bush, but I'm also interested to understand how he plays and what his strengths end up being as he adds size. Will he become a blunt instrument, or will he remain a nimble ruck who isn't overawed by a sizeable opponent.

5. Likes GVGjr, Smads57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He needs to build his core strength, not just put on kgs
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes Testekill liked this post