Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  24
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Supporter Groups

Submitted my 2021 East West Bulldogs membership form today via email.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Submitted my 2021 East West Bulldogs membership form today via email.
    Payment went through a few weeks ago for the East West Club membership so on board once again in 2021.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Received my 2021 East West Bulldogs stuff today:

4. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

An email from the East West Bulldogs:

To our East-West Members,

The Sons of the West Health Program is facilitated by the Western Bulldogs Community Foundation in partnership with local councils and community health services across western Victoria. Sons of the West is a free 10-week health program for men commencing in March 2021.

Limited spots in the program are available to East-West members and those interested will find further information at:

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/f...ns-of-the-west

Regards,

East-West Committee

Post Thanks / Like

This was an excerpt I got from the East West Club Kennel Kapers April 2021 edition today in regards to the Sons of the West program:

Further to my above advice, we are pleased to advise that the Western Bulldogs Community Foundation recently informed us that a

Sons of the West (Maroondah) program looks to be going ahead in July.

As this news has just been received you will understand that a lot of planning will go into this program over the next few months.

We will, in cooperation with the Football Club, give you further details and updates as soon as they become available.

Good stuff from the East West Club. Sons of the west expanding even further to Whittlesea in the north and now Maroondah in the east.

Post Thanks / Like

From Kennel Kapers April 2021 edition:

East West Supporter Group going forward

Last year due to Covid, everything was put on hold and everyone was inconvenienced in some way or other.

As a Supporter Group of the Western Bulldogs and especially now, in what is hopefully a new ongoing non-Covid era, we are working with the club to increase memberships from the area we represent outside of the Bulldog heartland.

We mentioned in our last Kennel Kapers our meeting at Whitten Oval with club executives to continue with this membership support and other club initiatives.

We shall also continue to look at introducing any of the Club’s programs that can possibly be rolled out in the East for our supporters and East-West members.

We will look at revamping our children’s football clinic and family BBQ programs which have been put on hold due to Covid. We shall continue to support Bulldogs related community and health groups made possible by your memberships and donations.

One tradition we do have in place is our Legends and Young Guns Dinner at Mulgrave Country Club now booked for Tuesday 3rd August.

We shall provide more information and booking information as soon as we can on this event. In short a number of events are on hold but we shall keep you updated and we would always welcome any input from our members.

Post Thanks / Like

Get involved Easty. SOTW is a fantastic program.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

9. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Yes I have heard great things about this program.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Can’t see Easty giving up the Parma and cops that easily.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

From the Kennel Kapers No.3 - May 2021:

Reaching out to East-West Foundation Members

I was sad to hear of the recent passing of Ken Greenwood a past player and club Director.

Ken had an important role in the establishment of our Supporter Group in 1983. Ken together with the then General Manager, and another Director, Bill Molyneaux were instrumental in establishing a Supporter Group in the Eastern Suburbs.

They worked hard to promote this concept and raise funds for the football club. Over 100 people turned up for the inaugural East-West meeting. It was a group passionate and dedicated to spreading the Bulldogs brand.

Over the years at our East-West events I have been lucky enough to meet some of those originals. They tell their stories of post-game get togethers at the then Western Oval, dinner dances, family days at Norton Reserve, Jells Park, and Wesley College. They also, with others, played an important role in fund raising for the 1989 fight back to save our club.

Our current committee will continue to reach out to those remaining original members and would love to hear from them and print their stories in future editions of Kennel Kapers.

The Committee will vote on what it considers to be the best story and award the author a signed 2021 team jumper - the winner to be announced in the year’s final edition of Kennel Kapers. Look forward to hearing from you with your stories.

Sons of the West in The East

Part of the charter of the East-West Supporter Group since our inception in 1983 is to promote the Bulldogs in any way we can in the East and areas outside the Bulldogs Heartland.

We are very pleased to advise that the Western Bulldogs Sons of the West (SOTW) program Is coming to the East. The SOTW program is a highly regarded Men’s Health and Wellbeing program and is operated by the Western Bulldogs Community Foundation in cooperation with a local Council.

The program in the East has been targeted to start in July 2021,and will be aimed at men in the Maroondah Council area.

The suburbs in the Maroondah Council area:

- Bayswater North
    - Croydon
    - Croydon Hills
    - Croydon North
    - Croydon South
    - Heathmont
    - Kilsyth (Shared with the Shire of Yarra Ranges)
    - Kilsyth South
    - Park Orchards (Shared with the City of Manningham)
    - Ringwood
    - Ringwood East
    - Ringwood North (Shared with City of Manningham)
    - Vermont (Shared with the City of Whitehorse)
    - Warranwood
    - Wonga Park (Shared with the City of Manningham and Shire of Yarra Ranges)

The leader of this program at the Western Bulldogs has requested that anybody interested join an informal preliminary discussion with him and a member of the Maroondah Council, via a Zoom Forum.

He has asked us to compile a list of email addresses for those that wish to join them so to those who live within the Maroondah Council area and are interested in taking part in this preliminary discussion, please send your email address as soon as possible to :

tony.crehan@icloud.com.

Your reply will come directly from the program leader at the Western Bulldogs Football Club.

Time for the Zoom Forum

Wednesday 26th May - 6 PM
    Last edited by Eastdog; 19-05-2021 at 12:13 PM.

13. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From Kennel Kapers No. 5 - July 2021

East-West Going Forward

Your East-West Committee is in discussion with the football club to get a Legends function going at the end of the current season possibly in October.

Another project we are working on, also post-season, is aiming to provide bus transport pick ups at various points in the East and South-East to take any interested supporters on a tour of the VU Whitten Oval.

Such a visit could include a tour of the venue facilities, the Bulldogs Museum, the area of the planned new facilities, the Bulldog Shop and a walk around the oval for those that are interested.

The tour would finish with a pre-planned meal at Barkers Cafe and then a return to the bus for the journey home stopping at drop-off points in the East and South-East.

These initiatives are still very much in the planning stage and we aim to have more news for you in the August Kennel Kapers subject to all the scenarios that may occur.

Sons of the West is coming to the East

We are very pleased to be able to advise you that the Western Bulldogs Community Foundation Sons of The West is heading to the East.

Details and registration and Foundation contact details for this program are outlined below. This particular program is aimed at the Maroondah local government area. We shall continue to work in association with the football club to promote and keep you informed of future women’s or men’s programs for our Bulldogs and East-West members and supporters in the East and South- East.

We shall always emphasise to the club that there is a strong core of Bulldogs supporters in the East who are passionate Bulldogs members. It is important to promote our club and our brand in the East to build our football club membership as your East-West Supporters Group has been doing since 1983.

Sons of the West is coming to MAROONDAH

Are you interested in learning about your health, getting active, making new friends and being involved in your local community? Then Sons of the West is for you!

Facilitated by the Western Bulldogs Community Foundation in partnership with Maroondah City Council, Sons of the West is a free 10-week health program for men.

Sons of the West is open to men aged 18 and over who live in the Maroondah LGA area.

Starting Wednesday 4 August 2021 6:30pm to 8:30pm

Please note, all attendees MUST register and have a ticket to attend. Sons of the West 2021 program will run in accordance with government COVID-19 restrictions.

To register go to https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/sons2021

For further information email foundation@westernbulldogs.com.au
    Last edited by Eastdog; 26-07-2021 at 04:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Sent through my 2022 East West Bulldogs renewal form last night.

Post Thanks / Like

Email about the East West Legends and Young Guns Dinner

Dear Member,

The East-West Committee takes pleasure in inviting you to our Legends Night to be held on Tuesday, 2 August 2022 at the Mulgrave Country Club.

It promises to be a great night with the Legends, Past Players and Club representatives attending. All details are included with the attached application form which you are asked to complete and return no later than Friday 15 July.

Book early and avoid disappointment!

Regards,

East-West Bulldogs Committee

Post Thanks / Like

East West Club Inc. Annual General Meeting

Our East West Supporter Group AGM will be held on Monday 21st November starting at 7.30 PM at the Mulgrave Country Club.

We are always seeking new committee members who may like to join a dedicated group of Bulldogs supporters who want to do just that little bit more for our football club. Our committee holds one meeting a month usually at the Mulgrave Country Club (or via Zoom if necessary) and a couple of times a year help out at functions to raise funds as part of our charter to assist the football club financially.

Part of our 2023 year will be the celebration of the 40th year of our East West Supporter Group and our ongoing support of the Bulldogs over that time.

Post Thanks / Like

East West Inc 40th Anniversary Celebration

As mentioned above, 2023 will mark the 40th year of the East West Supporter Group.

It all started with a meeting at the Mitcham Hotel in 1983 of a group of like minded Bulldogs supporters who lived in the east and south east of Melbourne or outside the traditional Bulldog heartland. I assume that our East-West membership of today consists of a mixture of supporters who were raised or lived in the west who moved to the east plus the traditional Bulldogs people who maybe through a number of generations resided in the east.

We are already in discussion with the Club on how we can best celebrate this occasion. We shall keep you informed on this event.