Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  24
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Supporter Groups

Just renewed with the East West Bulldogs for 2020.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Just renewed with the East West Bulldogs for 2020.
    What benefits do you get with that Easty?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

3. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    What benefits do you get with that Easty?
    Only $15 for a single and $25 for families

You receive the monthly Kennel Kapers newsletter and I think a discount to the annual Legends & Young Guns Dinner.

In 2019 the East West Club contributed $250 each to the WB foundation, EJ Whitten Foundation, Neil Schache Centre for Spinal Cord Reserach and Susan Alberti Medical Reserach Foundation.

Over the past 3 years the East West Club have generated $30,000 to the club through support of members and sponsors.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

5. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Likes strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You receive the monthly Kennel Kapers newsletter and I think a discount to the annual Legends & Young Guns Dinner.

In 2019 the East West Club contributed $250 each to the WB foundation, EJ Whitten Foundation, Neil Schache Centre for Spinal Cord Reserach and Susan Alberti Medical Reserach Foundation.

Over the past 3 years the East West Club have generated $30,000 to the club through support of members and sponsors.
    Cheers mate. It sounds like a good deal.

7. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

About East West Club:

In 2020, the East-West Bulldogs Supporter Group will continue its support of the Western Bulldogs as it has done since 1983.

Our group was formed primarily to represent Bulldogs’ supporters in the East and South-East areas of Melbourne, however, we welcome supporters and their families from wherever they may live.

Each year we make a financial contribution to the Western Bulldogs and thanks to the generous support of our members and sponsors we have contributed $30,000 to the club over the past three years.

We also support a number of community and health organisations which have a direct or indirect connection with our club. In 2019, we contributed $250 to each of the following:

 Western Bulldogs Community Foundation

 E J Whitten Foundation

 SHRMI Neil Sachse Centre for Spinal Cord Research

 Susan Alberti Medical Research Foundation.

In 2019, we continued to back our Western Bulldogs AFLW team by sponsoring player Naomi Ferres, a key member of our 2018 premiership side.

Each year at the Charles Sutton Medal event, we present our Young Gun award to the season’s best performed young player as voted by our Committee. Josh Dunkley was last year’s winner.

During the football season, we issue monthly copies of our Kennel Kapers newsletter. It’s an interesting read and keeps our members up to date with happenings at the East-West Bulldogs and football club.

Our support is made possible by the funds we raise through membership, our unique Tipping Competition, Legends & Young Guns Dinner, East Meets West Day and Christmas Raffle.

Please purchase an East-West Bulldogs membership and help us to continue supporting our beloved Western Bulldogs and the community in 2020 and beyond.

Go Dogs in 2020!

Tony Crehan
    President
    Last edited by Eastdog; 03-02-2020 at 02:06 PM.

9. Thanks Twodogs, Smads57 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope as many people in the East get in and join the EW club. A proud part of the club in my opinion.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

11. Likes Smads57, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I hope as many people in the East get in and join the EW club. A proud part of the club in my opinion.
    Yeah agree GVGjr. Great to support it as well if you are a Bulldogs fan in the northern suburbs as well. It has a history now the EW club being our oldest supporter group with origins from the early 80s.

Post Thanks / Like

A bit about the formation of the East West Club from the June 2004 Kennel Kapers

https://eastwestbulldogs.files.wordp...-june-2004.pdf

Formation of the East West Club
    By David McTaggart

During the winter of 1983, the board of the Footscray Football Club decided that it was time to recognise the large number of Footscray supporters in the Eastern and South Eastern suburbs.

Shane O’Sullivan, then General Manager, Ken Greenwood and Bill Molyneaux, both Directors at the time, felt that the time was right to form a group that could assist in fund raising for the Football Club.

It was decided to make the Mitcham Hotel, owned by Jim Olliver who later became a Director, the base and to name the group the East West Club.

Over one hundred people turned up for the inaugural meeting which was very encouraging. The group was addressed by Geoff Jennings, then captain of the Footscray Football Club, Ted Whitten Junior and Shane O’Sullivan and the audience was very impressed.

Geoff Verey, who was well known around the club as the ground announcer, was selected as the inaugural President. Mike Dudley was appointed Vice President, the late Val Cooper was appointed Secretary, Tom Eyval was appointed Membership Officer, Wayne Williams was appointed Social Secretary and the late Gerry Green was appointed Editor of the newsletter.

The attendees were then asked to nominate themselves if they were prepared to provide assistance and many people stepped forward.

They included:
    Beryl Cox, Jennifer Lock, Val Munro, the late Colin Green, Clive Wright, Peter Ashby Geoff Gray, Joy Hodgson, Steve and Marg Pinwell and John and Lyn McSweeney.

As I could only find a limited number of records, I apologise if I have missed anyone out.

Family Days were organised and Geoff Verey recalls at the first family day he had difficulty in finding a car park at the venue, Norton Park. There was a large crowd and he asked Sue Evans and Gerry Green which crowd was ours to which
    they both replied, ’All of them, they are all ours!’ Over six hundred adults and children attended including the whole Footscray team.

Family days were held at Norton Park, Scoresby Football Oval and later at Waverley Park.

Another fundraising effort in the early days was the Dinner Dances where up to three hundred people would attend.

The East West Club would be one of the oldest Coterie Groups if not the oldest and will continue to be a force in the Eastern and South Eastern suburbs, however we have now spread our wings all over Australia with members in every State.

I encourage the Football Club to place more emphasis on membership drives in other areas than just the Western Suburbs.

Post Thanks / Like

Received my East West Club supporter pack today:

15. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Are there any Bulldog supporter groups for the North/Central Victoria ? I live close to Seymour/Yea.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

17. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    Are there any Bulldog supporter groups for the North/Central Victoria ? I live close to Seymour/Yea.
    The only current supporter groups are in the first post. So the answer is unfortunately no. Unless you want to start one up?

19. Likes GVGjr, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The East West Day might be on early in the season I would think now.

Post Thanks / Like

Start one. We can help with communication.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Start one. We can help with communication.
    I remember how good the East-West were, back when my Grandfather was a member, and no doubt in these days of internet comms the task would be easier...

But seriously TD, where would one start ? I imagine that it would need the club's blessing, unless it was an entirely casual group. An article in the local paper, with an ad, would probably be enough to get the ball rolling; and maybe a local venue to watch the games for those who don't want to do late night travel on VR... and often stuff around with replacement busses.

It does bear some thinking about, perhaps someone from the East West group might have some thoughts.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember how good the East-West were, back when my Grandfather was a member, and no doubt in these days of internet comms the task would be easier...

But seriously TD, where would one start ? I imagine that it would need the club's blessing, unless it was an entirely casual group. An article in the local paper, with an ad, would probably be enough to get the ball rolling; and maybe a local venue to watch the games for those who don't want to do late night travel on VR... and often stuff around with replacement busses.

It does bear some thinking about, perhaps someone from the East West group might have some thoughts.
    Start with a venue where you can watch the interstate games Put some posters or some ads up.

I wouldn't bother telling the club until you have some solid figures to show them.