Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  24
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Supporter Groups

Just sent through my 2023 East West Bulldogs Membership renewal form. Will need to call the East West Bulldogs Treasurer and pay by phone as it states if you pay by MasterCard you need to call them up.

40th anniversary in 2023 for the East West Bulldogs.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

2. Likes mjp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Just sent through my 2023 East West Bulldogs Membership renewal form. Will need to call the East West Bulldogs Treasurer and pay by phone as it states if you pay by MasterCard you need to call them up.

40th anniversary in 2023 for the East West Bulldogs.
    That is a great effort.

4. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    That is a great effort.
    I have been a East West Bulldogs for a few years but yes it’s a great effort. Established back in 1983 6 years before I was born!

Our oldest supporter group which anyone can join but targeted to our supporters in the east and south eastern suburbs of Melbourne.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

I have been a East West Bulldogs for a few years but yes it’s a great effort. Established back in 1983 6 years before I was born!
    So good! I'm from the west, and have worked in the east for nearly 25 years, I can tell you we are absolutely foreigners.

How many times I've heard they should blow up the West Gate Bridge to keep "us" out. All in good fun, but it does get a little old.

Apparently everyone in the Eastern Suburbs lives in Toorak.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    So good! I'm from the west, and have worked in the east for nearly 25 years, I can tell you we are absolutely foreigners.

How many times I've heard they should blow up the West Gate Bridge to keep "us" out. All in good fun, but it does get a little old.

Apparently everyone in the Eastern Suburbs lives in Toorak.
    I live in the east not Toorak but loving going to the west now on the weekends. Love Williamstown great suburb right near the beach. Been great going for my driving experience. I know the inner west streets now so well.

Post Thanks / Like

I live in the east not Toorak but loving going to the west now on the weekends. Love Williamstown great suburb right near the beach. Been great going for my driving experience. I know the inner west streets now so well.
    Legend.

The suburbs of the East are amazingly like the suburbs of the West. But somehow they're better!

9. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Legend.

The suburbs of the East are amazingly like the suburbs of the West. But somehow they're better!
    Yep I sometimes feel not much different some very leafy streets in the inner west.

In Willy I love the Point Gellibrand lookout. Great spot there to relax.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep I sometimes feel not much different some very leafy streets in the inner west.

In Willy I love the Point Gellibrand lookout. Great spot there to relax.
    You'll love this story ED.

My parents are originally from Willy and Spotswood.

They had a small house in Osborne St. that they rented opposite the footy ground. They were given the option to buy it for 6k. This would have been the late 60s.
    Instead my Dad decided MELTON was the place to be.

Now that house is worth 1.5 mill and their house in Melton is probably about a third of that.

I often remind my Mum (Dad has departed sadly) about that ! But at the time you just don't know.

Me and my brother had a great childhood in Melton so can't complain too much.

12. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They had a small house in Osborne St. that they rented opposite the footy ground. They were given the option to buy it for 6k. This would have been the late 60s.

Now that house is worth 1.5 mill and their house in Melton is probably about a third of that.

I often remind my Mum (Dad has departed sadly) about that ! But at the time you just don't know.

The footy ground on Osbourne Street Fearon Reserve. Have driven Osbourne Street. There is a nice little cafe Fifi’s by the beach on the corner of the Esplande and Forster Street.

Willy properties values well over $1 million today.

Post Thanks / Like

Western suburbs families including mine loved to move socially upwards…mine headed out to the up-and-coming Deer Park. They were proud to leave behind those old fashioned period homes in daggy Yarraville and run-down Seddon and do better in ultra modern housing estates in those flat featureless paddocks…ours was almost the last house at that point at the edges of the outer west until Rockbank. Unfortunately a slight “hitch” meant when we moved in, we didn’t have sewerage connected and couldn’t even have a septic tank. Until 1979 mind you..an indictment on the councils and state governments of the time.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

15. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Western suburbs families including mine loved to move socially upwards…mine headed out to the up-and-coming Deer Park. They were proud to leave behind those old fashioned period homes in daggy Yarraville and run-down Seddon and do better in ultra modern housing estates in those flat featureless paddocks…ours was almost the last house at that point at the edges of the outer west until Rockbank. Unfortunately a slight “hitch” meant when we moved in, we didn’t have sewerage connected and couldn’t even have a septic tank. Until 1979 mind you..an indictment on the councils and state governments of the time.
    We were the same and moved from what was West Footscray (now Kingsville) out to West Sunshine to Hall st, the last street running East West. Beyond our street there were still cows, horses and stone walls dividing paddocks built by convicts.

There were no roads, just dirt and no sewerage connection as well. As a small kid I remember the road being made and the toilets finally moved from the outside dunny to inside. Many kids from Deer Park came to our high school (Sunshine West High).

By the 1970s, new housing estates were starting to pop up and the area grew rapidly.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

17. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe back then Deer Park was like the outskirts of Melbourne past that where Caroline Springs is today was all farmland. Hoppers and Werribee (considered more rural back then) were the older suburbs and those new estates in Point Cook and Tarneit were farmland as well.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 24-12-2022 at 12:24 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe back then Deer Park was like the outskirts of Melbourne past that where Caroline Springs is today was all farmland. Hoppers and Werribee (considered more rural back then) were there older suburbs and those new estates in Point Cook and Tarneit were farmland as well.
    Yes there was nothing there at all.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

20. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe back then Deer Park was like the outskirts of Melbourne past that where Caroline Springs is today was all farmland. Hoppers and Werribee (considered more rural back then) were the older suburbs and those new estates in Point Cook and Tarneit were farmland as well.
    Deer Park => nothing for 10k => Rockbank => nothing for 10k => Melton => nothing for 15k => Bacchus Marsh.

Now Rockbank (Aintree / woodlea) is nearly hitting Caroline Springs and from the north Diggers Rest is slowly merging into the newer suburbs between CS and Sunbury.

It's insane the growth. There's an entire north south band from Werribee to Sunbury that's being filled in.

22. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Deer Park => nothing for 10k => Rockbank => nothing for 10k => Melton => nothing for 15k => Bacchus Marsh.

Now Rockbank (Aintree / woodlea) is nearly hitting Caroline Springs and from the north Diggers Rest is slowly merging into the newer suburbs between CS and Sunbury.

It's insane the growth. There's an entire north south band from Werribee to Sunbury that's being filled in.
    Is the outer western suburbs still the fastest growing area in Australia still? At one stage I believe it was.