Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  16
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Essendon’s nightmare injury run goes from bad to worse before the Christmas break

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The club I hate the most closely followed by Carlton.
    North for me-There is just something about the cow *!*!*!*!ers that drives me mad but Essendon aren't far behind.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Essendon’s nightmare injury run goes from bad to worse before the Christmas break

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    I might be looking forward to the Essington's 2020 season almost as much as ours.

On top of thinking they'll simply be crap, imagine them being crap with dead duck Woosha running the show, itchy feet Rutten in the wings, Big Joe with one foot out the door, Jakey being Jakey when the chips are down and the vitriol the faithful are renowned for ably stoked by Robbo at every turn.

Can. Not. Wait.
    It's hard to imagine how Woosha survives the season if they get off to a slow start. Succession plans sound good in principle but this one leaves the coach little chance of doing a good job
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It's hard to imagine how Woosha survives the season if they get off to a slow start. Succession plans sound good in principle but this one leaves the coach little chance of doing a good job
    Woosha must realize that this is all bonus coaching time for him and that the opportunity wouldn't have come along unless Hird had shit the nest so badly.

It's ironic that after his record at West Coast it was somebody else drug cheating that got him another job.

Post Thanks / Like

Indeed. How's that 2020 demarcation plan going to pan out if things get rough?

It Rutten going to bite his tongue? Are the players? How about you Joey? Living the dream mate? Morale's going to be peachy.

I hope it cleaves them in two.

Even better if we hand them their arse in Round 15. Spewing we don't have them twice.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    It's ironic that after his record at West Coast it was somebody else drug cheating that got him another job.
    You know I love you 2D but he has 1 more premiership than all but 2 of our coaches and more Grand Final appearances than all of them. Those people who know what happened in the WCE/Cousins/Gardiner/Chick/Kerr/etc drugs situation know a few things:

- Judge tried to fix it and it cost him his job.
    - Worsfold (ultimately) DID fix it and it has basically cost him his career.

Is he the worlds greatest coach? I'm sure he's not...but despite the PR Essendon have probably been pretty much 'PAR' for the course with their performances over the past couple of years. And pulling things back together post Hird cannot have been a straightforward task.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    You know I love you 2D but he has 1 more premiership than all but 2 of our coaches and more Grand Final appearances than all of them. Those people who know what happened in the WCE/Cousins/Gardiner/Chick/Kerr/etc drugs situation know a few things:

- Judge tried to fix it and it cost him his job.
    - Worsfold (ultimately) DID fix it and it has basically cost him his career.

Is he the worlds greatest coach? I'm sure he's not...but despite the PR Essendon have probably been pretty much 'PAR' for the course with their performances over the past couple of years. And pulling things back together post Hird cannot have been a straightforward task.
    Shouldn’t he bear some responsibility for the WC situation happening under his watch?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I have Geelong very clear at the top.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Shouldn’t he bear some responsibility for the WC situation happening under his watch?
    100%.

Hasn't he done that?

It was very sad when Ken Judge passed for a lot of reasons. One reason is that the 20-year 'vow of silence' he took upon leaving the club (to be fair, a 20-year, financially driven, vow of silence) never allowed him to openly speak about what was going on during his tenure...not so much on-field issues and performance enhancing drugs but so-called 'party' drugs and underworld connections...

WA journo/novelist Warren Hately wrote a novel called 'Hard Light' which included a character called 'Brett Hopkins' (or Haskins, or something - I can't exactly remember) who was a thinly veiled Ben Cousins and featured most of the 'rumours' and some of the truths:

- Truths: Ran away from police trying to drug test him, drug user, connections to crime figures (specifically Kizon).
    - Rumours: Drug trafficking, firearms, prize-fighting, under-age girls.

It is a pretty grubby period and one that the club has actually come through relatively unscathed - people in WA 'L-O-V-E' the Eagles despite everything that has happened and many will still claim that everything that happened with Cousins and Mainwaring was an eastern states based conspiracy. If I sound like I am talking about Cousins in the 'past tense', well, sorry - but the person who once was Ben Cousins is gone forever...in his place is a pretty unstable drug addict who is never going to be same for the rest of his life.

The one person who 'KNOWS' what happened - even more than Worsfold who was coaching - but clearly isn't talking and has the respect of the footy community on both sides of the Nullabor is Chris Judd. But I suspect he is too smart to ever whisper a word about what was 'really' going on...

9. Likes GVGjr, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    I might be looking forward to the Essington's 2020 season almost as much as ours.

On top of thinking they'll simply be crap, imagine them being crap with dead duck Woosha running the show, itchy feet Rutten in the wings, Big Joe with one foot out the door, Jakey being Jakey when the chips are down and the vitriol the faithful are renowned for ably stoked by Robbo at every turn.

Can. Not. Wait.
    Pure poetry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    100%.

Hasn't he done that?

It was very sad when Ken Judge passed for a lot of reasons. One reason is that the 20-year 'vow of silence' he took upon leaving the club (to be fair, a 20-year, financially driven, vow of silence) never allowed him to openly speak about what was going on during his tenure...not so much on-field issues and performance enhancing drugs but so-called 'party' drugs and underworld connections...

WA journo/novelist Warren Hately wrote a novel called 'Hard Light' which included a character called 'Brett Hopkins' (or Haskins, or something - I can't exactly remember) who was a thinly veiled Ben Cousins and featured most of the 'rumours' and some of the truths:

- Truths: Ran away from police trying to drug test him, drug user, connections to crime figures (specifically Kizon).
    - Rumours: Drug trafficking, firearms, prize-fighting, under-age girls.

It is a pretty grubby period and one that the club has actually come through relatively unscathed - people in WA 'L-O-V-E' the Eagles despite everything that has happened and many will still claim that everything that happened with Cousins and Mainwaring was an eastern states based conspiracy. If I sound like I am talking about Cousins in the 'past tense', well, sorry - but the person who once was Ben Cousins is gone forever...in his place is a pretty unstable drug addict who is never going to be same for the rest of his life.

The one person who 'KNOWS' what happened - even more than Worsfold who was coaching - but clearly isn't talking and has the respect of the footy community on both sides of the Nullabor is Chris Judd. But I suspect he is too smart to ever whisper a word about what was 'really' going on...
    Love you too mate. Is there any truth to the Margaret River medical evac story? Supposedly Judd OD'd on Bolivian marching powder at an end of season party at Margaret River and had to be evacced back to Perth.

It's a rumour that did the rounds a few years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Love you too mate. Is there any truth to the Margaret River medical evac story? Supposedly Judd OD'd on Bolivian marching powder at an end of season party at Margaret River and had to be evacced back to Perth.

I have heard the same thing. Is it true or not? Goodness knows as the people who 'know' aren't speaking...My guess is it is a version of the truth. Judd wasn't a clean-skin.

13. Thanks Raw Toast thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Should we really be speculating on this sort of rumour?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Should we really be speculating on this sort of rumour?
    Judd sets himself up as a paragon of virtue who never does anything wrong, in fact West Coast were virtually accused of wasting his talent while they had him on their list. Just pointing out that he is human like the rest of us.

Post Thanks / Like

Judd sets himself up as a paragon of virtue who never does anything wrong, in fact West Coast were virtually accused of wasting his talent while they had him on their list. Just pointing out that he is human like the rest of us.
    He and Bec have adopted certain aspects of inner-city Melbourne life as well, if rumours are to be believed.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    He and Bec have adopted certain aspects of inner-city Melbourne life as well, if rumours are to be believed.
    They have donated their house back to the traditional owners?

Or they have declared it the Democratic Workers Republic of Judd?