I've had a look at a number of teams various WOOF members are offering up for round one of 2020 and their are a few players not being mentioned that I think could surprise

Bailey Williams - I'm not sure why Williams fell down the pecking order in 2019 but I think there were a few reasons he struggled to hold a regular spot
After training with the midfield group in the preseason he was played in the back line with limited results. He played rounds 1, 5 and 10 before being given a more regular spot but then was injured late in the year so 9 senior games was all he could muster which is a poor return over his previous two seasons. It was a haphazard season by his standards.
The club wasn't quick at all in offering another contract either but that could be due to a combination of a few things including his form, an oversupply of mid sized defenders and potentially that he didn't adapt to the roles he was being asked to play and if I speculate further perhaps his focus wasn't quite where it needed to be. List spots were also in very short supply. He was certainly not given many chances to ride through any challenges around form so was the coach sending a strong message to lift his work rate?

At his best, Williams is an AFL quality player and I remain very bullish about his 2020 season. I think Doc mentioned him as a potential option on the wing and that could suit both him and the club perfectly. He's played 41 senior games in his four seasons at the club and there is no reason why he can't continue to build on that. If he is just a depth player then it underlines just how deep our list runs.

Williams is an intriguing player for us in 2020. Capable of a lot but perhaps coming from a long way back

Next up...Billy Gowers