Thanks Thanks:  61
Likes Likes:  69
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Injury List - 2020

That’s not a bad injury list compared to most. We are going okay.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

BULLDOGS FORWARD FACES SURGERY AND IN DANGER OF MISSING ELIMINATION FINAL

AARON Naughton is in danger of missing the Western Bulldogs’ elimination final, with the forward needing surgery on a depressed fracture of the cheekbone.

Naughton was immediately taken to a Cairns hospital following a second quarter head clash with Fremantle ruckman Sean Darcy and took no further part in the season-defining game.

The high-marking spearhead boarded a flight with teammates on Monday morning bound for the Gold Coast, where he will consult a surgeon.

Naughton is expected to go under the knife tomorrow, when the club will learn the full extent of the injury. Western Bulldogs coach cited former defender Shane Wakelin as someone who played the next week with a similar injury, while Richmond skipper Trent Cotchin missed only a fortnight with a fractured cheekbone in 2016.

But if Naughton’s fracture is close to the eye socket, he will be sidelined for longer, putting his finals participation in jeopardy.

The Bulldogs are confident Mitch Wallis’ shoulder will not stop him from playing in an elimination final against West Coast or
    St kilda.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Wear the mask Naughts:

Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Can Naughton wear a helmet to protect his cheekbone? Then we could have the helmet twins with Caleb hitting Astro lace out.

Last year Paddy Ryder tried something similar (I'm not sure if he ended up wearing the helmet or not?):

Port Adelaide ruckman Patrick Ryder pushes for opening-round game against Melbourne after trialling helmet

Port Adelaide ruckman Patrick Ryder is back in training - with a helmet to protect his fractured right cheekbone - to remain in contention for the AFL season-opener against Melbourne at the MCG.

Ryder took to Alberton Oval on Tuesday morning – 10 days after copping a depressed fracture to the upper right cheekbone in the trial game against North Melbourne – to test the helmet that appeared to restrict his peripheral vision as he continued to work as a forward in training.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Can Naughton wear a helmet to protect his cheekbone? Then we could have the helmet twins with Caleb hitting Astro lace out.

Last year Paddy Ryder tried something similar (I'm not sure if he ended up wearing the helmet or not?):
    Calling on Rocket Science to recreate this picture with Naughton wearing a helmet.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

We could really do with some luck with this one.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently both Naughton and Wallis will be okay to play .
    Naughtons has been called a very slight fracture and Wallis a jarred shoulder.
    Personally looking at Wallis and his body language after he got injured, I have this inkling we are playing cat and mouse with whoever we play and he hasn’t got any chance of playing, hopefully I’m wrong.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Personally looking at Wallis and his body language after he got injured, I have this inkling we are playing cat and mouse with whoever we play and he hasn’t got any chance of playing, hopefully I’m wrong.
    Bevo said Wally will be fine

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the same thing. Hope we are wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Bevo said Wally will be fine
    WOW you think Be o wouldn’t tell a Porky Pie?
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

There’s two weeks until the game. I dont think we can play cat and mouse with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Naughton, Wallis on track to play Saints

The Western Bulldogs are hopeful important forwards Aaron Naughton and Mitch Wallis will be available to face St Kilda in next Saturday’s elimination final at The Gabba.

Both sustained injuries in Sunday’s win against Fremantle in Cairns but remain in the frame to take on the Saints.

And in more positive news, Laitham Vandermeer and Matt Suckling could also be available for the do-or-die final.

Wallis (24 goals) and Naughton (14) are the side’s leading goal-kickers in 2020.

“In the second quarter, Aaron sustained a depressed cheekbone fracture. This did require surgery, which was completed yesterday,” medical services manager, Chris Bell, said.

“All went as well as we could have hoped and we remain optimistic that Aaron is going to take the field in the first final.

“Mitch was involved in a contest where he jarred his shoulder. He was sore following the game but has made significant improvements in the last few days.

“We’re working through a process with Mitch but remain confident he’ll play in the first final.”

Vandermeer sustained a moderate grade hamstring injury early in the round 14 game against Geelong, while a minor hamstring injury saw Suckling ruled out last week against the Dockers.

“Matt and Laitham are progressing ahead of schedule following their hamstring injuries,” Bell said.
    “Both have completed substantial rehab running and football sessions and are in-line to re-integrate back into training this week.

“They will look to tick some final boxes next week, trying to prove their fitness for the first final.”

Key forward Josh Schache (1-3 weeks) continues his return from some Achilles tendon soreness, while young gun Cody Weightman has been ruled out for the remainder of the season after an ankle injury in Monday’s scratch match.

Injury list

Aaron Naughton (cheek) – test
    Matt Suckling (hamstring) – test
    Laitham Vandermeer (hamstring) – test
    Mitch Wallis (shoulder) – test
    Josh Schache (Achilles) – 1-3 weeks
    Lin Jong (ankle) – season
    Toby McLean (knee) – season
    Callum Porter (groin) – season
    Cody Weightman (ankle) – season
    Rhylee West (groin) – season

13. Thanks 1eyedog, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Would we take any risk with VDM or Suckling?

I'd love to get VDM in but with his ballistic style of play, it'd be a big risk.

Post Thanks / Like

Good news, West and Weightman will be great for us in the future, let’s get them the best pre season ever.
    Bring back the biff

16. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Would we take any risk with VDM or Suckling?

I'd love to get VDM in but with his ballistic style of play, it'd be a big risk.
    Yeah I think VDM can break games open but hamstring is a worry.
    Bring back the biff