Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  20
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rance retires to focus on family and faith

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I don't get your angst with this, he has stated he is happy with things as they are now but won't rule out a possible return to Richmond
    Of course he should make a decision and stick with it but all he is doing is keeping his options open given his contract.

The problem is you are either in or you are out. There is no place for a player (especially a senior player) making a halfarsed commitment to the other blokes on the list. They do the work and they expect you to buy in just as much as them.

If I'm a Richmond player and one of my teammates was humming and harring about whether he was in or out then I'd be taking him out the back for a lesson in commitment in the "Brad and Chris Scott in the car park" style. I think the Scotts are two of the biggest dickheads to play the game but they played in 6 premierships between them for a reason.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

2. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Scott brothers played in four premierships.

Did you hear the interviews TD? I heard the one on 774 yesterday afternoon and I"m not sure what's been written is actually reflective of the flavour of the interview's message...…...
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

4. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't get the hate - he's a bloody good player and if we're aiming to go far this year, a good defender missing from an opposition team helps our cause.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I don't get the hate - he's a bloody good player and if we're aiming to go far this year, a good defender missing from an opposition team helps our cause.
    Long may he be a distraction!

7. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There's no hate but an all-world level player retiring on the eve of the season despite having done a large amount of pre-season and then spending all subsequent time loudly and publicly contemplating a comeback before the season he just retired before starts? That's undeniably weird as hell.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

9. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    There's no hate but an all-world level player retiring on the eve of the season despite having done a large amount of pre-season and then spending all subsequent time loudly and publicly contemplating a comeback before the season he just retired before starts? That's undeniably weird as hell.
    Yes totally out of the ordinary, but I don't hate him for it.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Yes totally out of the ordinary, but I don't hate him for it.
    I hated him long before this. This is gravy.

I'll bet that if you asked any of the other players on the list in a private setting with no media around what their opinion right here and now was about Alex Rance the answer would overwhelmingly be close to what I am saying. If he were my teammate I'd be annoyed that

A/ he's causing a distraction on the eve of the season
    b/ he's done a fraction of the pre-season load and now he's talking about a comeback-I'd be saying "Now you are bludging on the rest of us-we've done all the sessions and completed our programs. What have you been doing? Was it designing sunglasses or something?"
    c/ he's neither in nor out at the moment. When do they rely on having him available? Round 1? Halfway through the season? Or does he get to pick and choose when he plays?

The only way I'd have him back is if he fronts the playing group and answers any questions they have no matter how difficult they may be. Then the players decide if they want him alongside them.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I hated him long before this. This is gravy.

I'll bet that if you asked any of the other players on the list in a private setting with no media around what their opinion right here and now was about Alex Rance the answer would overwhelmingly be close to what I am saying. If he were my teammate I'd be annoyed that

A/ he's causing a distraction on the eve of the season

b/ he's done a fraction of the pre-season load and now he's talking about a comeback-I'd be saying "Now you are bludging on the rest of us-we've done all the sessions and completed our programs. What have you been doing? Was it designing sunglasses or something?"
    c/ he's neither in nor out at the moment. Do they rely on having him when do they rely on having him available? Round 1? Halfway through the season? Does he get to pick and choose when he plays?

The only way I'd have him back is if he fronts the playing group and answers any questions they have no matter how difficult they may be. Then the players decide if they want him alongside them.
    This is the one that would really stick in my craw.

If he cared in even the slightest degree about the club, or the game, for that matter, now is the time to say "No comment, come talk to me in May once the season is well and truly running".

If you've stepped away, you've stepped away. Sit back and let those still putting in the work be the focus.

13. Likes Testekill liked this post