Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Familar Signs of 2007

One thing that is extremely annoying is the handball to someone standing next to an opposition player. It is done so often i wouldn't surprise me if it was an intended play

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieSigley View Post
    All I know if that sort of piss poor excuse for umpiring continues I won't be going to the football much this season.
    No point getting upset every week.
    Its sure frustrating, especially the holding the ball rule. In the last quarter, West dived on the ball but the ball slipped out behind him. In the meantime it was stacks on the mill and he had no hope of doing anything and was pinged for holding the ball. The ball was actually out from under him, and infact behind him, but he had Essendon players on top of him, sitting on his back, no protection for the guy going for the ball. On TV he can be heard saying but I didn't have the ball?

As you say, if this is going to be the standard, its going to be hard to watch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Its sure frustrating, especially the holding the ball rule. In the last quarter, West dived on the ball but the ball slipped out behind him. In the meantime it was stacks on the mill and he had no hope of doing anything and was pinged for holding the ball. The ball was actually out from under him, and infact behind him, but he had Essendon players on top of him, sitting on his back, no protection for the guy going for the ball. On TV he can be heard saying but I didn't have the ball?

As you say, if this is going to be the standard, its going to be hard to watch.
    Nothing worse than when the player goes for the ball, gets it out, has the players shovit in and hold it to him and then get pinged. This happed in Dubai i think and the commentator (i think our mate David) said it was smart and praised the player "tackling".

Shittest rule ever (even worse than hands in back)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I can put with pathetic umpiring, I almost expect it, but I expect more from the team I support than what we received on Friday.
    I don't expect pathetic umpiring for just 1 side. I expect fair umpiring for both sides.
    I understand we were poor and didn't deserve to win but when decisions upset you and leave you perplexed, it makes it difficult to support the club you love when they are up against it continually.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieSigley View Post
    I don't expect pathetic umpiring for just 1 side. I expect fair umpiring for both sides.
    I understand we were poor and didn't deserve to win but when decisions upset you and leave you perplexed, it makes it difficult to support the club you love when they are up against it continually.
    I have to say I agree with Ernie on this one. Last year there were often games where I was left extremely frustrated with the umpiring decisions we received/had go against us.