Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  45
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Brisbane Lions

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brisbane Lions

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Neither was I but WOW he was terrible for them last year. I'm going to wait until I see some positives out of him on field before I get too upset.
    He was terrible last year. I am not fussed he is gone, he is too short anyway to play a KPP.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He was terrible last year. I am not fussed he is gone, he is too short anyway to play a KPP.
    Did you say the same when we were interested in Hurley?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Did you say the same when we were interested in Hurley?
    I would have liked us to give Marcus one more chance, but then he has done nothing at Brisbane to make me stop and think that we have given a great prize away.

List spots are too valuable nowadays to be clogging them up with blokes who look good but never get onto the ground. That was OK back in the day we had senior lists of 60+
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

I was under the impression he actually played some good footy for Brisbane once he was actually out on the park.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I was under the impression he actually played some good footy for Brisbane once he was actually out on the park.
    Some good, some bad. The usual output.

He should come to his senses and fulfil his true calling: professional bodybuilder.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

True. When he finally made it onto the park he had a couple of influential games as an interceptor during Brissy's late charge including that nail-biter over the Handbaggers - but they soon discovered how the Spec fares when asked to mind someone. Dusty absolutely bullied him in their first final.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

7. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Why did he actually leave? Was it our choice or his?

My recollection is it was totally his choice and it appeared there was a behind the scenes rift around the medical treatment he received. Can’t understand why else he’d go to Brisbane when he was homesick....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    Why did he actually leave? Was it our choice or his?

My recollection is it was totally his choice and it appeared there was a behind the scenes rift around the medical treatment he received. Can’t understand why else he’d go to Brisbane when he was homesick....
    All we were fed was the 'fresh start' angle, others may know if there's more afoot ... Suspect he'd simply had a gutful of his wretched luck combined with our post-flag hangover and the view that Brisbane's medical / conditioning team is reputedly the envy of the league.

It'll be interesting to see if Spec can finally hold up for at least 50% of a season.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    All we were fed was the 'fresh start' angle, others may know if there's more afoot ... Suspect he'd simply had a gutful of his wretched luck combined with our post-flag hangover and the view that Brisbane's medical / conditioning team is reputedly the envy of the league.

It'll be interesting to see if Spec can finally hold up for at least 50% of a season.
    It will be interesting - he didn’t manage it last year. Not buying the fresh start plug.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Some good, some bad. The usual output.

He should come to his senses and fulfil his true calling: professional bodybuilder.
    I think comrade has nailed it, a bit of a mixed bag but if Brisbane's medical team does get on top of his injury troubles he can really help their back line
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Well what can we say about the Lions?
    They smalls were excellent very dangerous. I laugh when people talk about Greene being one of the best players in the comp. Cameron s** all over him. I was petrified any time he went near the ball.
    Their talls didn't quite give them a reward for investment.

There are many coaches I don't like much. Chris Fagan is quite likable and they pushed us to the edge tonight.
    Great Game and respect Lions.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

13. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lions aren’t built for it. Zorko, their captain, never ever delivers when it counts, and how can you get behind someone like that?

They’re a fun team who will never matter as long as they play like they’re a fun team. If I barracked for them having the coach say we had a great year in the presser as we bundled out in straight sets for the second time in three years would have me breathing fire.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

They have Daniher, one of the most overpaid players in history of game on 750k a year, on a 3 year deal. Keath was owned him tonight. I was really hoping Alex kicked that goal. That would have been the nail in the coffin on Daniher defensive efforts!

Lets see how long Adams and Nakia stay on the park next year.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/674194/h...n-finals-again

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    They have Daniher, one of the most overpaid players in history of game on 750k a year, on a 3 year deal. Keath was owned him tonight. I was really hoping Alex kicked that goal. That would have been the nail in the coffin on Daniher defensive efforts!

Lets see how long Adams and Nakia stay on the park next year.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/674194/h...n-finals-again
    They had plenty of outs. Their regular forward line messed up. Daniher, am surprised they managed to keep him injury free.
    Keath owns everyone. Very long list of scalps.

Coaches have to keep a positive energy. I am sure they breathe fire when it counts.
    Not seen Fagan so fired up during a game before.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Cameron ahead of Greene?? I hate Toby but he is a great player, no way he would be as quiet as Cameron was after qtr time