Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
    Post Thanks / Like

The Monday Soapbox - R3

Have a rant about something that annoyed you for this round.
    It could be the AFL, umpiring, Kane Cornes, Channel 7 commentary, Rules or even opposition players etc
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Monday Soapbox - R3

Food outlet opposite Aisle 31 level 2.

They never ever have food ready at quarter time, half time. They are meant to have a cabinet with sandwiches, but there were only two and two empty shelves.
    Yesterday they didn't have a lot ready before the game and it was lunchtime.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My rants this week

The jumpers worn by lolNorf and Carlton on Friday. There is no colour clash. That hideous jumper Norf wore, blue, purple and green?? It was probably related to a cause, I assume. but I much prefer teams in their traditional jumpers. You can then immediately identify who is playing.

Kane Cornes did himself no service with his childish attack on Trent Cotchin. It was school bully stuff and not funny. I think he shamed himself and I normally don't mind his views. But this was pathetic. His colleagues who guffawed along with him are no better.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

5. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Kelli Underwood. Terrible voice and no idea who is who, tries to make up one liners that are corny as hell.
    The West Coast barracking in the box.
    Not opening the roof so the grass could dry out.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

The huge queues outside the match yesterday at 12:30, for a match of only 23,000 people. It was like Marvel had never admitted people to the ground before.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    The jumpers worn by lolNorf and Carlton on Friday. There is no colour clash. That hideous jumper Norf wore, blue, purple and green?? It was probably related to a cause, I assume. but I much prefer teams in their traditional jumpers. You can then immediately identify who is playing.
    Hell yes. That North abomination looked like somebody ate too many skittles and spewed up all over the jumper.

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Kane Cornes did himself no service with his childish attack on Trent Cotchin. It was school bully stuff and not funny. I think he shamed himself and I normally don't mind his views. But this was pathetic. His colleagues who guffawed along with him are no better.
    Can't agree with you here Doc. Ch 7 are supposed to be a professional multi-million dollar host broadcaster of the footy. That Cotchin segment was utter trash that would have been cheap and nasty if it was a high school project in visual arts class. It deserved all the scorn and ridicule it received.

As an aside, the fact that Ch 9 have more footy content (some of it dubious ie: Footy Classified Monday night) than the actual rights holder of the code should be something that shames Ch 7. But then again nothing shames that shitstain of a network, who treat their viewers with utter contempt because we have literally no choice but to consume their garbage if we want to watch live footy.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

That Cornes video was hilarious. Channel 7’s continued commitment to putting out the most milquetoast product possible deserves that sort of derision, the more mean spirited the better.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

10. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay I just looked at it and the 'EPIC' takedown is pretty tame. If that's the best the producers at Channel 7 can do it's pretty pathetic, nothing to do with Cotchin though I'm sure he's embarrassed by the call out.

12. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The PA. It's too ****ing loud!FFS.

I'm not deaf....

I can't stand it. I don't need a cheerleader with a microphone turned up to 15 to tell me to get excited. Blimey!

14. Likes bornadog, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    The huge queues outside the match yesterday at 12:30, for a match of only 23,000 people. It was like Marvel had never admitted people to the ground before.
    Agree Ozza, they can't seem to get it right - open more gates, it ain't hard

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Adjudication of too high.

Just go back to how it was FFS. If someone tackles close to the shoulders, a player shrugs and it goes high, call it high. Encourage tackles around the waist/ below the elbows. One it will make disposal by getting an arm free easier to help ease congestion, and two, it will make it easier for a player to break a fall to reduce the chance of a heavy hit to the head on the ground. Three, it's way less subjective for the umpires.

I feel like everyone's insane and I'm in the Twilight Zone on this one because it's so ****ing obvious to me!!!!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

17. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Agree Ozza, they can't seem to get it right - open more gates, it ain't hard
    Gotta pay public holiday rates.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Gotta pay public holiday rates.
    is AFL a professional sport?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    is AFL a professional sport?
    Is this a trick question?

21. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Is this a trick question?
    You got me there

23. Likes jeemak liked this post