Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  59
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Brisbane Lions

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brisbane Lions

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    His on 750k a season . If I was a Lions supporter I would be demanding he earnt his money to justify the output
    Or else he just becomes a flat track bully . Clubs pay the big money to expect the output

I hold Tom boyd 2016 final series in high regard as he performed against much strong opponents . He delivered when it matter

Not having a go at you, but his on big money and he needs to deliver when it counts . He was found wanting in this game
    Good points, I certainly thought he was on a lot less. Didn't know that!
    Considering he hardly played for 3 years before being at the lions, they really overpaid.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Good points, I certainly thought he was on a lot less. Didn't know that!
    Considering he hardly played for 3 years before being at the lions, they really overpaid.
    I hate to say this but I think Essendon won trade week on that one. They have Cox who is an athletic freak who could become anything

Post Thanks / Like

Daniher had a good year, but doesn't seem quite as athletic as he used to be, he struggled to get separation on Keath

Brisbane have claims on being better than at us at full strength given the outs last night so I wouldn't write them off as future contenders
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Also has the rather miraculous trick of disappearing for the most important game of the year because he's a schoolyard bully.
    The risk factor of that, that the coach has to worry about him doing something stupid at any time basically nullifies a huge part of the advantage he has on the field.

How frustrated would you be today if you were one of his teammates?

I'd take Cameron over him any day of the week.
    You are now changing the argument from who is the better player to Greene is a dickhead and potential liability. No one will argue with you on that!
    There isn't a single stat that Cameron beat Greene in this season but if you are asking who I'd rather have at the Bulldogs it's Cameron because i absolutely loathe Greene

Post Thanks / Like

good point
    well, I put it all in the same package.
    I guess you would also argue someone who gets injured a lot it's not worth having.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

If I was Brisbane Neale stays for the next 2 years, period. They are in their window and they need to strike in the next 2 years - losing their best player was not part of their build towards a crack at a premiership. Neale is a total pro and will do absolutely everything he can to get the best out of himself for the Lions for the duration of his contract.

I would not entertain any discussion at all.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

7. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    If I was Brisbane Neale stays for the next 2 years, period. They are in their window and they need to strike in the next 2 years - losing their best player was not part of their build towards a crack at a premiership. Neale is a total pro and will do absolutely everything he can to get the best out of himself for the Lions for the duration of his contract.

I would not entertain any discussion at all.
    He has a contract till end of 2022. I wonder what his status is after that; is he a free agent?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He has a contract till end of 2022. I wonder what his status is after that; is he a free agent?
    He's only been at Bris for 3 years so he wouldn't qualify as being a free agent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    He's only been at Bris for 3 years so he wouldn't qualify as being a free agent.
    I'm pretty sure the time served at Freo counts towards free agency criteria?

Post Thanks / Like

So Neale left Freo towards the tail end of a front loaded contract, and is now seeking to leave Brisbane towards the tail end of a front loaded contract?

Gotta respect the shamelessness of it all.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

12. Likes soupman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This isn't a bad reference for FA.

14. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard he still had 2 years to go? Even with 1 year to run, I'm not trading him for anything. Brisbane are a potential contender with him and are not without him - their midfield is not strong or deep enough to be able to lose its best cog.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I heard he still had 2 years to go? Even with 1 year to run, I'm not trading him for anything. Brisbane are a potential contender with him and are not without him - their midfield is not strong or deep enough to be able to lose its best cog.
    I took that from Footywire, so could be wrong
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I took that from Footywire, so could be wrong
    Signed a 5 year deal and has been there for 3, still 2 years to go.

18. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Kick in the guts for the Lions. Like your misso walked out on you and then two days later she sleeps with your best mate. Ouch.

20. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post