Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Our most disappointing loss for 2019?

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    We need to iron it out. We improved as the season wore on, but being consistent with effort and application should be a non negotiable every week.
    If we are consistent throughout the season we give ourselves every chance to finish top 4.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Hard to go past the Blues game for the reasons others have mentioned. It will be interesting whether this year we come out with more intent more consistently against all comers, or whether we still have elements of complacency within our game.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Saints game was more disappointing than the Norf loss.

We knew what was coming having played Norf under the same circumstances and again failed to counter it. Saints were rubbish too and at that time we had everything to play for to keep pushing for finals.

Blues loss a pretty bad one obviously too. GC we dominated but couldn't score.

Post Thanks / Like

I had Bevo sacked at 2 points. Carlton & St Kilda were awful performances.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    I had Bevo sacked at 2 points. Carlton & St Kilda were awful performances.
    That's what my main concern was. That we'd lose our shit and sack Bevo. I could see it coming in a kind of fever dream where I am one of the few saying "Are you people completely insane?" I said to Gvg that we needed to appoint someone who's sole responsibility was to mind Bevo's back. To make sure there were no rumblings in the player group or around the club and that if there were questions being asked then we get on top of them immediately.

We must keep Bevo, foe one thing we'd look like a prime lot of dickheads if we lost him and he went on to coach another club to 50 000 flags-because that's how many AFL premierships Luke Beveridge will coach-the man is a genius.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

6. Likes strebla, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I never thought we would have a better coach than Malthouse but Bevo has him covered easily. If he ever gets the chop I would be shattered
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

The saints game for mine was our most disappointing.

Again we thought it was just going to happen, kicking the first goal within 30 seconds didn't help. From there we looked uninterested and allowed the saints to dominate us in all areas of the game.

As pointed out if our energy levels and desire isn't there week in week out Bruce and Keith won't make a difference at all.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    The saints game for mine was our most disappointing.

Again we thought it was just going to happen, kicking the first goal within 30 seconds didn't help. From there we looked uninterested and allowed the saints to dominate us in all areas of the game.

As pointed out if our energy levels and desire isn't there week in week out Bruce and Keith won't make a difference at all.
    Well not sure I agree with the part in bold. We'd get them to look a whole lot worse than they're used to looking. I don't think, apart from the odd performance under Eade at important times (qualifying finals in 2008 and 2009 come to mind), that our not being switched on has ever been more pronounced in terms of outcomes as it does with our current playing group. When on we look like a million bucks, tough, skilled, quick, decisive, accountable and dangerous. When off it's literally the opposite to all of those things and I just don't want to see it this year.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    the odd performance under Eade at important times (qualifying finals in 2008 and 2009 come to mind), .
    Would have been nice to have a tall target in the prelims in those years.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

11. Likes strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Would have been nice to have a tall target in the prelims in those years.
    I can remember texting another poster during the halftime break in the 2008 prelim and asked if Barry Hall would make a difference. He texted back that hopefully he was already in the dressing room and could play the second half.

Post Thanks / Like

The Gold Coast and Carlton losses. Gold Coast was a close one but in no way shape or form did we deserve to win that or even be that close. Both games were absolutely woeful! I walked out early from the Carlton loss and didn't return to the footy until mid July, I was in a pretty dark place at the time though but footy, most notably Western Bulldogs footy was not helping the situation at all. It's partly why I was never confident going into the finals. I still carried the stench from those games all season.

14. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    The Gold Coast and Carlton losses. Gold Coast was a close one but in no way shape or form did we deserve to win that or even be that close. Both games were absolutely woeful! I walked out early from the Carlton loss and didn't return to the footy until mid July, I was in a pretty dark place at the time though but footy, most notably Western Bulldogs footy was not helping the situation at all. It's partly why I was never confident going into the finals. I still carried the stench from those games all season.
    There is always a Carlton type of game every year, even in our Premiership year, we had one really bad game - the game v Geelong. We were never in that game.

I just wish we don't see one like that Carlton game again, especially against a low team.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

There is always a Carlton type of game every year, even in our Premiership year, we had one really bad game - the game v Geelong. We were never in that game.

I just wish we don't see one like that Carlton game again, especially against a low team.
    I reckon we were in that game up to our eyeballs up until Libba did his kinee. He was destroying Dangerfield that night.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I reckon we were in that game up to our eyeballs up until Libba did his kinee. He was destroying Dangerfield that night.
    I was thinking of the earlier game in round 13.

Team Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Final
    Western Bulldogs 0.5 1.9 5.12 5.13 43
    Geelong 5.3 10.3 11.4 16.4 100

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking of the earlier game in round 13.

Team Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Final
    Western Bulldogs 0.5 1.9 5.12 5.13 43
    Geelong 5.3 10.3 11.4 16.4 100
    The one where we DIDN'T tag Dangerfield and HE destroyed US.