Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Sons of the West: 03/11

This looks awesome! Anyone else going?

https://www.trybooking.com/Booking/B...spx?eid=210617

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sons of the West: 03/11

Does look good.

The table of ten at a hundred a head is a good deal.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Not much interest in this event surprises me considering this is a night to celebrate our premiership.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClothesBootsMotorcycle View Post
    Not much interest in this event surprises me considering this is a night to celebrate our premiership.
    Possible reason. Hasn't been promoted as much eg: via WB club emails.

Hope for those who do go that you have a good night.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Had to make a choice between this and Nick Cave in the new year. Nick won. He always does.

Post Thanks / Like

I went to this venue a few years back for my cousin's wedding.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Had to make a choice between this and Nick Cave in the new year. Nick won. He always does.
    I'm seeing Nick Cave in Ballarat in Jan. Can't wait.

Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough guys.

Situation is, four weeks ago when I saw this advertised, I shot off several messages to friends and family seeking an expression of interest, cause I wanted to know whether there was enough interest so I could purchase a table of 10. Tables of ten are $1000, so $100 per head.

The messages I received were all positive. I had about 20 people get back to me either saying they're definitely in, they're interested and the worst response I received was, "buy a table of ten, and if you can't sell every ticket, I'll buy four from you."

I bought a table of ten, and with two days remaining, I am trying desperately to sell four tickets. I can't believe out of all the people who got back to me, they have all come up with an excuse as to why they can't attend. I also can't believe it has come to this where I actually have to plead to people on social media to purchase tickets from me.

I genuinely thought there would be a huge amount of interest in this event. I was looking so forward to this event, but I'm not gonna be feeling too well if I am out of pocket $400. The money doesn't go to the club, it goes to an events company. That's heartbreaking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I'm seeing Nick Cave in Ballarat in Jan. Can't wait.
    See you there!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClothesBootsMotorcycle View Post
    Fair enough guys.

Situation is, four weeks ago when I saw this advertised, I shot off several messages to friends and family seeking an expression of interest, cause I wanted to know whether there was enough interest so I could purchase a table of 10. Tables of ten are $1000, so $100 per head.

The messages I received were all positive. I had about 20 people get back to me either saying they're definitely in, they're interested and the worst response I received was, "buy a table of ten, and if you can't sell every ticket, I'll buy four from you."

I bought a table of ten, and with two days remaining, I am trying desperately to sell four tickets. I can't believe out of all the people who got back to me, they have all come up with an excuse as to why they can't attend. I also can't believe it has come to this where I actually have to plead to people on social media to purchase tickets from me.

I genuinely thought there would be a huge amount of interest in this event. I was looking so forward to this event, but I'm not gonna be feeling too well if I am out of pocket $400. The money doesn't go to the club, it goes to an events company. That's heartbreaking.
    Mate I would be happy to buy 2 of those tickets from you if still available? I've sent you a PM.

11. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Would love to go but I've no credits left in the bank. Spent nearly 2k on the EF and went to Sydney for the Prelim as well. Would have spent kkkkkkkks this finals series plus a $500 whack of memorabilia.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

I have one ticket left if anyone is interested.

Post Thanks / Like

What a brilliant night.

15. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was there too. You would recognise me because I was the only one appropriately dressed.

Great night with the Bont, Jake, Murph, Old Libba and Dougie.

17. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ringer View Post
    I was there too. You would recognise me because I was the only one appropriately dressed.

Great night with the Bont, Jake, Murph, Old Libba and Dougie.
    I went to a Bulldogs B&F about 6 years ago, dressed formally in accordance with the dress code outlined. Unfortunately no one else did and I was mistaken for a waiter on multiple occasions.

19. Likes KT31 liked this post