Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  25
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Collingwood

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Collingwood

I believe it should be first drug strike out for a significant time.
    AFL needs to lead societal standards methinks although a hypocrite in so saying.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Honestly go off king.

Illicit drugs bans are dumb and counter intuitive.
    I just read your subscript/signature that's exactly me too and Jane Austin!
    All of us benefit from your signature as their own!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    For most of my adult life I used to have exactly the same mindset, that it is a mental health issue and not a criminal issue, and the simple solution was to legalise and tax everything and use the income generated to fund back into community health programs. I still think it should be decriminalised, but I also don't think the current rapid progression towards wholesale legalisation should happen either (it is a complex issue way out of my pay scale or abilities). All I know is that drug dependence (legal or illegal substances) is a horrible fate to befall anybody and we should be doing everything we can as a society to prevent it from happening to anyone, because it destroys lives.

These days I simply see drug dependence as a feature and not a bug when it comes to public policy, and colour me cynical but it is undeniably a very effective strategic tool used by incompetent politicians (of all stripes) to neuter the wider population into a semi-comatose state so that they are far easier to control (and coincidentally end up wholly reliant on said incompetent politicians).

Also legalising and taxing the bejesus out of everything will only result in the cheaper illegal variants thriving underground. Look no further than the illegal cigarette industry which is absolutely booming (if you are a smoker or know one, you'll know) because the legal cigarettes are being taxed so much.

Specific to Ginnivan, I do find it amusing when the players caught do their carefully scriped mea culpa and the clubs/AFEL also put on their grave, serious voices of contrived concern. It's all a bit of meaningless cosplay really. Illicit drug use is rife in all sections of the community and relevant to the AFEL nobody (players, clubs, code) really gives a shit until they are caught.
    You are my new mentor and peer.

Post Thanks / Like

“Never Once Saw Drugs In My AFL Career” – Kane Cornes Reveals Nobody Liked Him Even Back Then

Irrelevant yet prolific AFL Pundit and former player Kane Cornes has wobbled his mouth up and down in front of a national sports radio microphone this week, this time to pass comment on a topic he knows literally nothing about.

Speaking on SEN on Monday, Cornes took issue with the fact that after Collingwood player Jack Ginnivan’s recent drug scandal, there’s an impression that all AFL players are out there taking drugs and having amazing fun times, when the reality is that Cornes himself never took drugs with other players in his whole life.

“I feel like there is a belief that all players are using drugs,” he said.

“That’s not my experience – I never once saw it. Granted I was so naive with stuff like that and I’m still so naive to this day. People would laugh at me for how naive I am, but I never once saw it in 15 years – and that was a long time ago now and perhaps things have changed.”

Beyond his self-admitted naivety, Cornes’ startling admission reveals a deeper truth. It proves what many already suspect, that even back then when Cornes was at the height of his AFL career nobody wanted to hang out with the bloke.

The fact that he never once saw drugs in his 15 year AFL career is utter madness given that AFL footballers are rich blokes paid to play sport fo a few hours a week.

Despite this, Cornes has not yet twigged on to the fact that the reason he didn’t see any drugs throughout his career is for the same reason he sees neither of them now.

Sources close to the man admitted to the Advocate that he’s ‘one of those blokes who’d rat you out if he ever saw you bumping.’

These revelations about Cornes have rumours swirling that the unnamed pervert who filmed young Jack Ginnivan without permission in a toilet cubicle may have been none other than Cornes himself.

Cornes has denied any allegations of wrong doing thus far.

5. Likes Dry Rot, Daughter of the West liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally some real journalism