Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  20
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Hawthorn

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hawthorn

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    There has been a bit of spirit displayed in some of the Hawks match simulations with some push and shove between players.
    Even Sicily got pushed around in one a week or two back. Now if you have captain ambitions you can't be losing those test of strengths.

Yesterday Grainger-Barras sparked two scuffles.

Is there any need to be concerned from a Hawks perspective?
    Would Mitchell and the coaches let the leaders sort it out or would he need to get involved?
    If it's just dudes getting a little excited by some contact and blowing off some steam, then fine, but if it's an opportunity for someone to have a crack at a team mate they flat out can't stand...?

So I guess the act of some agro isn't so bad, it's more the underlaying cause. You'd probably look to lift the hood a little if you were coach.

Post Thanks / Like

Typical hawk floggery. Hope they suffer down the bottom for another 10 years.

Mitchell would probably not mind it in match sim. I doubt he would tolerate it during a real game if it cost a free kick / goal.

3. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's 100% right up Mitchells alley. He loves that stuff and if Hawthorn want to train like they want to play then they should be training like they're arseholes.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Is Grainger-Barrass starting fights to be unsociable or is he starting fights because he’s still on the possibles team 3 years after being a top 5 pick?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Is Grainger-Barrass starting fights to be unsociable or is he starting fights because he’s still on the possibles team 3 years after being a top 5 pick?
    Brutality.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

From a player and list perspective what a mess the Hawks are at the moment? I get it's not Mitchell's fault and it all stems from short sighted vision from Clarkson but for them to push out Mitchell and O'Meara goes a long way to making them a very noncompetitive team.

I'm almost of the belief that they should be made to trade their 1st round pick this year rather than subjecting top tend talent to such a poor club.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

They've cut too hard.
    The problem isn't round 1 though, it's that younger bodies without multiple pre-seasons under their belt tend to tire as the season wears on. Hawks are going to get worse as the season wears on, especially if they need to replace a couple of senior bodies with more raw kids.

I don't rate Essendon at all and they killed Hawthorn, now imagine a Hawks away game against Melbourne or Geelong in round 20. 100 point thrashings are in the cards.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    They've cut too hard.
    The problem isn't round 1 though, it's that younger bodies without multiple pre-seasons under their belt tend to tire as the season wears on. Hawks are going to get worse as the season wears on, especially if they need to replace a couple of senior bodies with more raw kids.

I don't rate Essendon at all and they killed Hawthorn, now imagine a Hawks away game against Melbourne or Geelong in round 20. 100 point thrashings are in the cards.
    And they shouldn't really be rewarded for it. They've got a high number of members so are in no threat by bottoming out for a few years but the teams who play the Hawks twice have a better chance to push their team up the ladder.

10. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From a player and list perspective what a mess the Hawks are at the moment? I get it's not Mitchell's fault and it all stems from short sighted vision from Clarkson but for them to push out Mitchell and O'Meara goes a long way to making them a very noncompetitive team.

I'm almost of the belief that they should be made to trade their 1st round pick this year rather than subjecting top tend talent to such a poor club.
    Gunston was a bigger push. Hawks have been on the crack pipe ever since the Mitchell to Eagles Hodge to Brisbane fiasco went down but they've been by and large irrelevant since their 2016 SF loss to us. Ending their dynasty gives me a small sense of satisfication somewhere in the little black piece of coal I call a heart.

12. Likes Mofra, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And they shouldn't really be rewarded for it. They've got a high number of members so are in no threat by bottoming out for a few years but the teams who play the Hawks twice have a better chance to push their team up the ladder.
    I know people will draw parallels to North, but north cut mostly fringe players while Hawks cut 2/3rds of their starting midfield.
    I called them the bye on an Essendon thread yesterday and I think that's valid.
    Some poor team will have a shocker of a week and might hand them a win, but the 2 win seasons of North and Eagles last year could be under threat.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

14. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They'll cop some 100+ point thrashings and that's when the wolves come calling. Too many of those and as much as Mitchell can blame others, he'll be in the sights. Wouldn't surprise me if he's under the pump later this year, and out the door by mid next.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Gunston was a bigger push. Hawks have been on the crack pipe ever since the Mitchell to Eagles Hodge to Brisbane fiasco went down but they've been by and large irrelevant since their 2016 SF loss to us. Ending their dynasty gives me a small sense of satisfication somewhere in the little black piece of coal I call a heart.
    Yep, I should have acknowledged that.