Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  19
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL considering a State of Origin revival to support victims of Australia’s bushfire crisis

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    As usual there are players picked on reputation not on form from last year.
    It's a fundraiser meant to get people to watch and donate. Of course they used reputation as a big part of picking a side. There's no stakes in the match and it's not an official honour like AA.

No point in complaining about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL considering a State of Origin revival to support victims of Australia’s bushfire crisis

As usual there are players picked on reputation not on form from last year.
    Who are you referring to?

Out of the top 10 in the Brownlow last year Tim Kelly is the only player missing due to being 'managed'.

I can't see too many issues with the squads selected, most of the best players are involved.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Will be interesting when Toby Greene and the Bont line up in the same team. Might see a bit of 'Warwick Capper at the Bears' kind of vibe.
    Was thinking exact same thing!

Be interesting to watch them both in the forward line.

Post Thanks / Like

How did Callum Mills make the cut? Do not rate
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    It's a fundraiser meant to get people to watch and donate. Of course they used reputation as a big part of picking a side. There's no stakes in the match and it's not an official honour like AA.

No point in complaining about it.
    Who is complaining? Just an observation

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    How did Callum Mills make the cut? Do not rate

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Who are you referring to?
    See above, plus even though I highly rate Josh Kelly, he is coming from a long way behind, Adam Saad a dud who can't defend himself, Robbie Gray passed it just to name a few
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post

I can't see too many issues with the squads selected, most of the best players are involved.
    100%

Bounce the ball...let's go.

This will be great. I'm hoping for a 1986 SOO type scoreboard:

WEST AUSTRALIA 4.4 9.5 15.10 21. 11 (137)
    VICTORIA 4.5 7.7 12.10 20.14 (134)

Goals WA: Peake 7, Buckenara 5, MacNish 3, Mitchell 3, Rioli 2, Baker, Wilson
    Goals VIC: Weightman 5, Royal 5, Taylor 4, Brereton 3, Alvin, Bews, Healy

Simpson Medal: Brad Hardie (WA)
    E.J. Whitten Medal: Dale Weightman (Vic)

Amusing note post 85 prelim: Hardie won the medal but he played on Royal and Weightman. Look at how many they kicked! Brad was a helluva player, but man-o-man he ran his own race.

I watched this game a couple of weeks back and I swear every time the commentators named a player it was followed by the words "He's lining up for number 4"...so many goals kicked...so much fun.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone going on Friday Night? It will certainly be a skillful match and will be great to see how the teams play.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone going on Friday Night? It will certainly be a skillful match and will be great to see how the teams play.
    I get the sense that most people think it's an exhibition game, elite players are very talented but they also normally have a competitive streak in them. It won't take much for them to go hard.

I might get there on Friday
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.afl.com.au/news/377742/s...-rank-on-no-4-

Dusty gets the #4 Guernsey by virtue of most games played whilst wearing it. Bont gets #7. Toby Greene, Shaun Higgins and Jade Gresham were all next in the pecking order.

JJ gets bumped from #40 by Neville Jetta on the same principle. He'll wear #40.

Jack Macrae keeps his #11.

Post Thanks / Like

Cunnington out, Gaff in.

Pretty handy replacement - arguably the best wingman in the competition not named Hill.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

No atmosphere in this game

Post Thanks / Like

Victoria full of 30 year olds with no pace. All stairs are very fleet of foot

Post Thanks / Like

No atmosphere in this game
    Understandable considering its just an exhibition game.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Vic power!!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Haven’t mallacoota suffered enough
    Now Lingy

16. Likes Rocket Science, Dry Rot liked this post