Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bailey Dale in 2020

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    Reminds me a little of spindleshanks - able to lift around contact extension time and that’s all to date.

For me he competes w Schache at his current form despite the height difference, great kick, decent lead up mark but falls away under any pressure. Limited in how many of them we can have. Agree w other comments - he needs to add another string to his bow in 2020 if he cements himself as an outright best 22
    Probably a few on our list who might be more H&A players at this stage - Dale probably at the top of this category. Agree he needs to add a hardened edge to cope with pressure.

Post Thanks / Like

The Kid

Post Thanks / Like

Needs to massively improve his defensive pressure.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

4. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He was really good in 2017 Bailey. Hopefully he can recapture that type of form for us going forward. We would certainly worry a lot of opposition defences if all our forwards in 2020 consistently are firing on all cylinders.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Dale attacking 2020 with confidence

Bailey Dale's finish to the 2019 season have given him confidence he can deliver consistently at AFL level.

Confidence can make a huge impact in footy.

And for Western Bulldogs forward Bailey Dale, the last six weeks of the 2019 home-and-away season have given him confidence he can deliver consistently at AFL level.

The 23-year-old slotted 20 goals in that period as the Bulldogs stormed home to snatch a finals berth.

Dale inked a new three-year deal in September and a big pre-season has him primed for 2020.

“If you’re feeling confident and feeling good about yourself and your team, it comes out on game day.

“To have that little six-week patch last year has given me a really good block to start this year… I feel like I’m ready to go for the Marsh Series coming up and hopefully I can push for round one selection.”

He hopes he can echo his form line from the back of 2019 through this year, and is looking to build on his forward game.
    “There’s obviously a bit of a blueprint there for me going into this season,” Dale said.

“I’ve been really trying to work on my craft as a forward this pre-season, getting into dangerous spots to have as many opportunities on goal as possible.

“I’m really trying to work on my pressure as well, to keep the ball in my area and create more opportunities for myself and the team.”
    A dangerous forward mix is building at the Bulldogs, with Josh Bruce joining Aaron Naughton and Josh Schache as the key pillars, surrounded by the likes of Dale, 2019 leading goal-kicker Sam Lloyd, and premiership duo Tory Dickson and Toby McLean.

“Having Brucey, Naughty and Schache down there, it’s a new look for us,” Dale said.

“We’ve got so many different avenues to goal this year, which we probably haven’t had in previous years.
    “To have the three talls down there… for guys like myself, Lloydy, Toby, Dicko, for us to crumb off them and for them to create a contest and bring it to ground, there’s more opportunity for us.

“And if we can lock it in there, I’m sure those guys will kick goals.”

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dale was a terrific success story from last year and I hope he goes on with it this year. He won't fly under the radar this year and will be well scouted by the opposition. This will be a great test for him
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

9. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Dale was a terrific success story from last year and I hope he goes on with it this year. He won't fly under the radar this year and will be well scouted by the opposition. This will be a great test for him
    Sure will be but he's fit enough, strong enough and smart enough to be able to impact games even with attention.

Needs to stay fit and Indeed him being a good foil for our talls.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree. I was surprised we went 3 over 2 years but in a competitive market it’s what was likely required, plus it’s a sign of the clubs faith in him and perhaps that’s all he needs.

He has everything possible to succeed now, the rest is up to him.

Post Thanks / Like

Just bobs up and does enough. Will be dangerous again this year based on last night but perhaps won't be required to score as many goals as was asked of him late last year given additional options we have.

Application to defence and being a 'forward interceptor' will add more strings to his bow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Just bobs up and does enough. Will be dangerous again this year based on last night but perhaps won't be required to score as many goals as was asked of him late last year given additional options we have.

Application to defence and being a 'forward interceptor' will add more strings to his bow.
    I think that is an accurate assessment, there will be some modification to they way he plays within a different looking forward line.
    He can still be a very valuable contributor for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Needs to go harder at the ball, a couple of times he was very wary of getting crunched and took shorter steps. If he can be more consistent and not disappear for a quarter or two, he will be a handful roaming in the F50

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

15. Likes westbulldog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Needs to go harder at the ball, a couple of times he was very wary of getting crunched and took shorter steps. If he can be more consistent and not disappear for a quarter or two, he will be a handful roaming in the F50
    I get the feeling you're being overly critical of Dale.
    You've essentially accused him of being soft or worse. I definitely need to have another look at his efforts last night because I didn't notice it live at the game.

17. Thanks Danjul thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BAD, can you recall what quarter(s) this was? I've watched 3 of the quarters and I haven't seen anything yet

Post Thanks / Like

BAD, can you recall what quarter(s) this was? I've watched 3 of the quarters and I haven't seen anything yet
    Can't recall the exact quarter, but I do know he doesn't like body on body.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't recall the exact quarter, but I do know he doesn't like body on body.
    Do you recall where the play was? forward, mid or in the back line? I've re-watched all of the game now and I can't see what you are referring to