Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

All on track for Dogs, says Hunter

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...gs-says-hunter

All on track for Dogs, says Hunter

Star midfielder Lachie Hunter says things are tracking along as they should be for the Western Bulldogs at this point of the pre-season.

With a relatively fit list, the Bulldogs had most of their group on the park prior to Christmas, with the likes of Aaron Naughton, Alex Keath and Tom Liberatore all set to work back into training over the next couple of weeks.

“As a team, it’s kind of hard to tell how you’re going at this time of year,” Hunter said.

“I’m sure everyone thinks they’re on top of the ladder at this point of the year.

“As long as you don’t have any real injuries and you’re getting the main points across that you want to get across, that’s kind of the main thing.

Hunter, the Bulldogs’ new vice-captain, has overcome the shoulder injury he had operated on after the 2019 season.

“Personally, I’ve been lucky again with no real injuries,” he said of his pre-season.

“I had a shoulder reco at the end of the year but that’s all gone pretty smoothly and I’m back into match-play now.”

From a leadership perspective, Hunter doesn’t see himself changing too much.

“You don’t want to change too much, you’ve been chosen to do the role you’re doing for a reason,” he said.

“I’m pretty relaxed in how I go about my style of leadership.”
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

2. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: All on track for Dogs, says Hunter

Lachie has definite leadership qualities as a person, confidence, communications. As a player he is consistently in the action, putting his hand up. Would like to see him kick a few more goals