Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Tall Dogs in 2020 - a change in tactics?

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Playing 3 tall's deep in the forward line would be problematic so there will be some tinkering
    Bruce and Naughton are of course great contested marks
    Bruce and Schache are very mobile and capable of playing further up the ground and we know Schache is a good kick

Grand Master Bevo has had a couple of months to plot the course we will be taking so I can't wait to see it in action and what surprises he might have up his short sleeves
    Me too. I’m really looking forward to seeing how we line up and to watch the dynamic between those 3.

Naughton FF. Bruce CHF and Schache a high half forward using his speed to take uncontested marks inside 40m would be amazing to see.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    Me too. I’m really looking forward to seeing how we line up and to watch the dynamic between those 3.

Naughton FF. Bruce CHF and Schache a high half forward using his speed to take uncontested marks inside 40m would be amazing to see.
    Schache regularly topped out team for kms covered under the GPS tracker stats. He doesn't have acceleration off the mark (tests slow for 20m sprints) but his tank is outstanding for a big man, we'll play that to our advantage. I really rate his kicking inside 50 so if he becomes a leading, marking, 2 assist per game player he'll help up enormously.

With his tank he just leads and leads so the opposition defenders are split, giving Naughts and Bruce more one out chances as both are elite contested marks. Bailey Dale and Sam Lloyd get the 4th and 5th defenders and both can take a mark too.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Schache regularly topped out team for kms covered under the GPS tracker stats. He doesn't have acceleration off the mark (tests slow for 20m sprints) but his tank is outstanding for a big man, we'll play that to our advantage. I really rate his kicking inside 50 so if he becomes a leading, marking, 2 assist per game player he'll help up enormously.

With his tank he just leads and leads so the opposition defenders are split, giving Naughts and Bruce more one out chances as both are elite contested marks. Bailey Dale and Sam Lloyd get the 4th and 5th defenders and both can take a mark too.
    Consider we also have the ultimate luxury of Bont slipping into that forward mix as desired and pardon me while I quietly get ahead of myself.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Consider we also have the ultimate luxury of Bont slipping into that forward mix as desired and pardon me while I quietly get ahead of myself.
    Don’t forget Dickson and Weightman on the way in.
    Dunkley doesn’t mind slipping forward either occasionally and with West we have multiple lined ups to change depending on opposition and the odd bad day from a forward.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    The sixth spot will generally be for a mid resting forward or a mid that pushes up to become an extra midfielder (hai Wallis).

Wally has surprisingly good forwardcraft if the end of 2018 is any guide. He might become a Gia/Clay Smith hybrid.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

The sixth spot will generally be for a mid resting forward or a mid that pushes up to become an extra midfielder (hai Wallis).

Wally has surprisingly good forwardcraft if the end of 2018 is any guide. He might become a Gia/Clay Smith hybrid.
    Could be a good place for Bailey Smith too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
    Could be a good place for Bailey Smith too.

Libba likes a goal. If the list stays healthy Footscray won't lose a game.

Like a few have said we have Cavarra to see if he can find his feet at AFL level to provide competition for the small pressure forward role. We are genuinely strong across all lines.

It's the sixth player in each line or the bottom 4 players in the team that shows how good the team is I reckon. And we have good competition for nearly every spot in the team.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.