Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Off the leash: Fit Bulldogs set to run opponents ragged

WESTERN Bulldogs fans can expect to see an exciting brand of football at Whitten Oval in 2020.
    With four new top-10 draftees, Bulldogs coach Nathan Burke has emphasised a ballistic game style that could result in high scoring.
    Captain Ellie Blackburn said Burke will not accept losing games based on running power.

"He (Burke) came in day one of pre-season and said 'we won't lose games because we're not fit enough'," Blackburn said.
    "Running has definitely been one of the benchmarks of the pre-season so far."

Despite a huge list overhaul, the Bulldogs are serious about surprising teams every week and making a finals charge.
    "There's no point coming in here just to have a 'development year' and try and grow and get game time into girls," Blackburn said.
    "We want to win games and aim to play finals and go all the way.
    "No excuses for us, we definitely want to do everything we can to win as many games as possible."

The rehabilitation process gave Lochland a whole new perspective about football, after not missing a game in her first two seasons.
    "I've learned a lot about myself and a lot about the girls," Lochland said.
    "I feel like I've come out a different person.

"I finally feel like myself again with my body and the understanding of my footy ability."
    The Bulldogs will host Geelong in a pre-season match at Whitten Oval on Saturday at 10.30am.

LINK
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

2. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Off the leash: Fit Bulldogs set to run opponents ragged

looking forward to see how the game style has changed.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I had trouble working out what area to paste this in. It was better when they had their own section.

But yes I'm keen to see how the girls go. It gets the juices flowing for when the boys start.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I had trouble working out what area to paste this in. It was better when they had their own section.

But yes I'm keen to see how the girls go. It gets the juices flowing for when the boys start.
    Yes a bit disappointing we didn't keep the AFLW section separate
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.