I've talked about the potential for competition between a few players this year but I think the two that might slug it out and potentially go head to head for a position in the midfield are Ed Richards and Patrick Lipinski

Richards has been sensational since he arrived up the and has been a regular senior played 41 senior games. After a brilliant debut season where he played mainly in the back line, in 2019 he was challenged more as a half forward flanker and midfielder and he had mixed success. Richards averaged just 12 possessions a game which highlights his struggles with the new role.

Lipinski has been at the club a year longer and after a single game in his first season he's now racked up 32 with an encouraging 14 games last year all from round 10 onward's where his time in the midfield resulted in an average of 21 possessions and a very handy 11 goals in 14 games.

Based on the 2019 season Lipinski was the better performer but to counterbalance that argument Richards is a lot quicker and has a more penetrating kick which provides a contrast for our playing group

Which player do you see as the more likely starter for the 2020 season? I think they will both player but I'd have Lipinski slightly ahead. I'd really like to hear the reasons why you might have one ahead of the other?

While it's great to have depth if it comes down to picking one over the other then I don't envy the match committee this year