Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  13
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: You want a top 4 finish or even a flag in 2020? Then what do we need to do to improve?

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    In the words of John McEnroe, you cannot be serious! How did they not expect GWS to come at them physically in a final? Maybe not the extent that they did but that quote from a player astounds me.
    Especially Cordy. To be frank that is exactly where a lot of his value lies. He will hurt you and not care-say hello to Cal Ward.

I can't understand him saying that.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Re: You want a top 4 finish or even a flag in 2020? Then what do we need to do to improve?

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Especially Cordy. To be frank that is exactly where a lot of his value lies. He will hurt you and not care-say hello to Cal Ward.

I can't understand him saying that.
    Maybe he meant the dirty stuff behind play but didn't want to mention it
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Maybe he meant the dirty stuff behind play but didn't want to mention it
    That’s probably it.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully Cordy's words are more than lip service. I can imagine Bevo bristling at that final and planning to remedy things.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Hopefully Cordy's words are more than lip service. I can imagine Bevo bristling at that final and planning to remedy things.
    TBH I would think even if Bevo was angry, the players would be the ones hungry for redemption. Round 3 is going to be a tough game.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    TBH I would think even if Bevo was angry, the players would be the ones hungry for redemption. Round 3 is going to be a tough game.
    If only it was in Melbourne

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

If only it was in Melbourne
    Are we men or are we muffin men?
    Sydney Showgrounds is our favourite pillaging site.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Are we men or are we muffin men?
    Sydney Showgrounds is our favourite pillaging site.
    It's in Canberra

Post Thanks / Like

It's in Canberra
    Mmm fair enough, let's make Manuka Oval our beehive.

10. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Canberra. Who is going?

If I can get down there, I am trying to assemble a mercenary Dogs army of friends down there ie Pies and Saints fans who loathe the Giants.

And my Tigers mate, who wants to parade his 2019 flag Tigers gear among the Giants fans.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

12. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Canberra. Who is going?

If I can get down there, I am trying to assemble a mercenary Dogs army of friends down there ie Pies and Saints fans who loathe the Giants.

And my Tigers mate, who wants to parade his 2019 flag Tigers gear among the Giants fans.
    My concern is that our history under Bevo is not good for the 1st interstate trip.

The only time we have won round 3 is when we lost Rounds 1 and 2 in 2018.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Canberra. Who is going?

What are these “giants fans” you speak of?

Post Thanks / Like

Canberra. Who is going?

Put me down with a "plus one" I will bring the boy and we can kick some GWS arse. We nearly got kicked out of Marvel stadium for taunting a Giants supporter the night Greene kicked Dahl in the face. The funny thing was in the end the cops tried to kick the Giants supporter out and we wouldn't let them, we were having fun with our new friend.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite