Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Austin to join Carlton

That is the biggest footy analyst nerd ever ., my great nephew has autism he would be perfect for jobs like that.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    That is the biggest footy analyst nerd ever ., my great nephew has autism he would be perfect for jobs like that.
    No offense ledge but I've worked with people with autism my entire working life and that Rain Man thing is such a crock. We can't even pick what his condition was. Rain Man was a savant, not autistic and there is a huge difference between the two.

It kind of shits me when people start going on about people with autism and talk about it like it's some kind of gift or extra talent the cosmos has awarded you with. It's not, it's a pain in the arse for anyone who suffers from it and the constant "Oh, isn't he marvelous?" BS that I always hear tends to wear me down-I can't imagine what it's like for the person with the condition. They are just people like you and me.

Sorry about the rant mate. You just lifted your head at the wrong time and I only had one bullet.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    No offense ledge but I've worked with people with autism my entire working life and that Rain Man thing is such a crock. We can't even pick what his condition was. Rain Man was a savant, not autistic and there is a huge difference between the two.

It kind of shits me when people start going on about people with autism and talk about it like it's some kind of gift or extra talent the cosmos has awarded you with. It's not, it's a pain in the arse for anyone who suffers from it and the constant "Oh, isn't he marvelous BS that I always hear tends to wear me down.

Sorry about the rant mate. You just lifted your head at the wrong time and I only had one bullet.
    Well my great nephew is a genius with history and the western bulldogs he is also going to Uni to study filmmaking and hopes to become a producer, he is a great kid even plays footy and as long as you give him warning to change he is fine.
    Sorry if it offends you but I see it first hand with this kid.
    He is a perfectionist its why I mentioned it. Autism has a huge spectrum but if you give them something they love they will give you 100%
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

My great nephew has his problems as in going to uni he will have some one with him on the train for a few months, his biggest problem is change you must prepare him for it.
    He is 19 I believe some do have a talent to whatever they like they need to know everything about it, but as I said the spectrum is so big some are worse than others , he takes tablets and is kind of lost if he doesn’t take them.
    His mum also is a carer at an autism school she sees the best and worst.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Well my great nephew is a genius with history and the western bulldogs he is also going to Uni to study filmmaking and hopes to become a producer, he is a great kid even plays footy and as long as you give him warning to change he is fine.
    Sorry if it offends you but I see it first hand with this kid.
    He is a perfectionist its why I mentioned it. Autism has a huge spectrum but if you give them something they love they will give you 100%

OK then.

It's not offending me. Dunno where you read that into I've worked with people with autism my entire working life because that looks to be pretty much the opposite to me. I'm not into self loathing. Well I am but not in my professional life.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Gents, can we please get back on topic? We have a new addition to our beloved Kennel and I'd like to see if we can find out more about him.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Gents, can we please get back on topic? We have a new addition to our beloved Kennel and I'd like to see if we can find out more about him.
    It's great that we nabbed him from Collingwood. He had a high profile position there too. Poor Eddie.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    It's great that we nabbed him from Collingwood. He had a high profile position there too. Poor Eddie.
    He does some wide and varied roles leading into the National Recruiting Manager role. He's got some academy picks to consider for us which means he shouldn't be under a lot of pressure.

Post Thanks / Like

I too question Collingwood's record with mid to late picks in the past few years but time will tell with this appointment. I give him a huge tick if he was part of Mihocek's drafting as that is looking like an inspired selection and they did steal Bianco at 45 last year who was rumoured to have been interviewed by us pre-draft.

IIRC Dalrymple was a number-cruncher prior to becoming a full time drafting guru.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Dom Milesi appointed Bulldogs’ National Recruiting Manager

The Western Bulldogs have secured highly-regarded recruiter Dom Milesi to its list management team, as National Recruiting Manager.

Milesi arrives at VU Whitten Oval with extensive experience, having spent a combined 15 years at Collingwood and Hawthorn Football Clubs.

Milesi has been one of the key members of the Magpies’ list management team since 2008, in a number of recruiting, talent identification and opposition analysis roles.

“We’re thrilled to have Dom join the Western Bulldogs and we’re excited about what he’ll be able to add to our list management and recruiting team,” said Bulldogs’ General Manager of List and Recruiting, Sam Power.

“Dom is a respected and highly-credentialled recruiter who has been a loyal member of Collingwood’s recruiting team for over a decade.

“Dom’s experience and skills are perfectly suited to our National Recruiting Manager role, and we’re looking forward to him helping us strengthen our playing list further in the near future.”

Prior to his time at Collingwood, Milesi held recruiting and opposition analysis roles at Hawthorn Football Club.

“I’m thankful for this fantastic opportunity at the Western Bulldogs and I can’t wait to get started,” Milesi said.

“I’ve been impressed by the way the Bulldogs have advanced their list over the last few years, and I hope I can play my part in adding to that growth.

“I’m incredibly grateful to everyone at Collingwood for their support over a long period of time. I’m proud to leave on good terms, and I wish them all the best for the future.”

Milesi also has considerable experience in the finance and accounting sector, including a seven-year stint as Financial Analyst at the Department of Treasury and Finance.

Milesi is expected to start his new role at the Bulldogs next month.

11. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogtragic, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I too question Collingwood's record with mid to late picks in the past few years but time will tell with this appointment. I give him a huge tick if he was part of Mihocek's drafting as that is looking like an inspired selection and they did steal Bianco at 45 last year who was rumoured to have been interviewed by us pre-draft.

IIRC Dalrymple was a number-cruncher prior to becoming a full time drafting guru.
    The Pies do have a different approach and it seems to be working for them. I wonder exactly what Milesi played in their selections

Rantall and Bianco seem like excellent later selections last year

Post Thanks / Like

Pies came within a miraculous kick of winning the GF with a team he helped build.

He's a number cruncher and a data analyst. Absolutely essential in modern recruiting. He has been watching junior footballers for many years and has a good eye for talent. With now lengthy experience at 2 good footy clubs he has serves a detailed apprenticeship. He is ideal for the role.

Good luck Dom.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

14. Likes WBFC4FFC, GVGjr, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks a bit like Steve Merchant.