Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

Daniel: Ball movement focus for Dogs

Link

The last two months of 2019 saw the Western Bulldogs pile on some big scores, highlighted by slick movement of the footy.

Pre-season has been all about fine-tuning those skills, according to defender Caleb Daniel.

“With another year under our belts as young players we’re able to implement the game style and game plan a little bit better,” he toldSportsday Radio

“It’s been great during the pre-season to be able to hone in on those skills.

“I think our ball movement throughout the match sim and pre-season has been really good. It’s just trying to tidy up a few defensive things and different things that we think will set us apart.

“Our ball movement has continued to grow since the back six weeks of last year, and hopefully we can put some big scores on the board early days.”

Daniel was one of the Bulldogs’ most influential players last year, before hamstring injuries sidelined him at the business end of the year.

But those worries are now a thing of the past, with the 23-year-old building a strong pre-season fitness base.

“It’s been really good over the summer,” Daniel said.

“If we went a little bit deeper in the finals, I was trying to push for the back-end of last year.

“Throughout pre-season there’s been no worries which is great.”
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Daniel: Ball movement focus for Dogs

When you have the no 1 and no 5 contested marking forwards in the competition (based on H&A totals in 2019) it's no surprise you want to get the ball in quickly.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

4. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Daniel: Ball movement focus for Dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    When you have the no 1 and no 5 contested marking forwards in the competition (based on H&A totals in 2019) it's no surprise you want to get the ball in quickly.
    Kick long, plenty goals after. *!*!*!*!ing.

My Macedonian mate's dad used to yell that. It personifies football perfectly.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite