Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3
    Post Thanks / Like

Has Bontempelli found another gear?

Link

New Western Bulldogs skipper Marcus Bontempelli is already one of the competition’s best players.

A third Charles Sutton Medal and second All Australian selection in 2019 – prior to his 24th birthday – only served to emphasize that fact.

But can he rise to another level in 2020?

Based on the pre-season the gun midfielder is putting together, teammate Sam Lloyd believes it’s possible.

“He’s flying this pre-season… he’s come back super fit,” Lloyd told RSN Breakfast Club on Friday.

“It’s a bit embarrassing for a couple of the boys when we do match simulation, because he’s starting to take the piss a little bit.

“He’ll be fine come game time, it comes naturally to him.”

The leadership transition has been a smooth one according to Lloyd, with Bontempelli inheriting the captaincy duties from Easton Wood and Lachie Hunter stepping into the role of deputy.

“I wouldn’t say it’s changed too much, Bont’s a natural leader,” Lloyd said.

“I think it was always going to be a pretty seamless transition, especially when you get every one of the players’ votes.”
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Thanks GVGjr, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Has Bontempelli found another gear?

I don't want to wish the year away but boy oh boy I can't wait for footy to start again.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

I think this is possibly the fluffiest of fluff pieces I've read this year...…….given I avoid the Hun so haven't kept up with how amazing Richmond and Collingwood are!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

5. Likes GVGjr, mjp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I think this is possibly the fluffiest of fluff pieces I've read this year...…….given I avoid the Hun so haven't kept up with how amazing Richmond and Collingwood are!
    Nah, they are on to Essendon again.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

May Bont spend much of 2020 taking the piss versus all comers.
    BORDERLINE FLYING