Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our 2020 bolter

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Our 2020 bolter

Wild prediction for a player that plays a role for which we have huge competition for spots. Lachie Young.

Excellent in the air, takes the game on, taller than our other mid-sized intercept marks, threw him into the seniors last year as a raw skinny rookie. When it clicks for him he will be outstanding.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

2. Likes kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Wild prediction for a player that plays a role for which we have huge competition for spots. Lachie Young.

Excellent in the air, takes the game on, taller than our other mid-sized intercept marks, threw him into the seniors last year as a raw skinny rookie. When it clicks for him he will be outstanding.
    I like the suggestion. We probably won't play 3 tall defenders much and Lachie Young does provide that good balance of playing against taller and smaller opponents.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I like the suggestion. We probably won't play 3 tall defenders much and Lachie Young does provide that good balance of playing against taller and smaller opponents.
    The other issue is Wood missing games. Lachie seems the perfect replacement as someone who can be damaging in the air and play on taller or shorter opponents. The club clearly rate him as shown last year.

Reading between the lines of MC selection, the club rate anyone who takes the game on by either running the ball or by foot (hence Caleb finishing well in the B&F)
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

5. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
    Would love to see Laitham Vandermeer make a debut and impress on the wing.
    Yes this is the guy I am looking forward to see making his debut. Hoping I will see him in one of the practice matches too. Could be a dark horse bolter.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to go for Bailey Dale to have a great season kicking goals for us. Showed quite a bit in the latter stages of last season.

Tim English is another that has huge potential to bolt in 2020.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"