Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

The difference between st kilda and the dogs that has stood out to bruce

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/02/...-out-to-bruce/

Josh Bruce is excited about his new opportunity at the Bulldogs and hopes to quickly build chemistry with their star-studded midfield unit.

The key forward made the move to Whitten Oval from St Kilda in the trade period and says the ball movement at the Dogs better suits his personal preferences.

“What I’ve come from at the Saints last year, especially early in the first half of the year, we moved the ball quite slow and quite safely and tended to punt and bomb the ball long a little bit,” he told SEN’s Dwayne’s World.

“So it’s definitely a bit different to that. The ball movement here is obviously very quick with the backline and midfield they’ve got.

“That kind of slingshot and get them out the back has been quite good over pre-season soBruce expects the Bulldogs to push high up the ground and attempt to hurt teams out the back in 2020.

“That’s kind of the way the game is tracking with 18-man defences and whatnot,” he said.

“Everyone gets up the field pretty high and we’ll try to get them out the back and that’s something we have been doing a little bit of this pre-season.

“The skill level among the midfield group and some of the forwards is exceptional and they can slice teams open as we saw at the back end of last year at the Dogs and it’s going to be an exciting year.”
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

2. Thanks bornadog, GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The difference between st kilda and the dogs that has stood out to bruce

Not sure I like this being in the media I don’t see where it benefits us, game plans let out to an extent , giving saints ammunition against us.
    Yeah talk us up but don’t put down the opposition or previous team.
    Interesting how he talks about the difference though.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Not sure I like this being in the media I don’t see where it benefits us, game plans let out to an extent , giving saints ammunition against us.
    It was an interview on Dwayne's afternoon show. You can listen to it on the link above.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Forward complains about ball movement.

Quick. Stop the press!

It's almost as much of a cliche as the defenders complaining about the lack of pressure being applied by the mids and forwards...or the mids complaining about the ruckman, or the ruckman complaining about the mids...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I don't mind. I'm betting that blokes like Naughton will thrive on that attitude.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite