Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
So after 6 rounds Schache finds himself dropped after a shocking performance in conditions that didn't suit him.

So the question is...

What the hell do we do with him?

He'll never be the top banana in a forward line, and the way we set up just doesn't seem to take advantage of his strengths. With Naughton to come back and JUH on his way, is it time to completely flip the script and try him in a different position entirely?

I honestly think we should consider developing him as a defender and see where it takes him. He reminds me of Liam Jones in a lot of ways, and we know how his move to defence has worked out for the Blues.

At 200cm, he has the length to take the big blokes that Keath and Cordy will always struggle with.

Thoughts?
He doesn't have that burst speed that Liam Jones has, nor the leap so I'm not sure it will work as well. Having said that, Roughy is playing solid football as a FB and he's not quick.

Schache does his best work when he can run and run and run - he covers midfielders Kms in game, sometimes more. If the game is congested you may as well sub him out as he just isn't good without space to work in.