Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mongrel Punt

Post Thanks / Like

Mongrel Punt

But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mongrel Punt

The link led me to an error page "Resource Limit Reached".

Would read again, thanks for posting!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Getting the same msg the site is down for an hour or so.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Terrific read.

Actually tells you some things you might miss yourself. The bit on Darcy Parish was very insightful.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

5. Likes 1eyedog, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Terrific read.

Actually tells you some things you might miss yourself. The bit on Darcy Parish was very insightful.
    Thought the same always enjoy MP perspective. Went very hard on Parish but he was a high draft pick and they see him as a future captain so rightfully pointed out some flaws in his game that need tidying up. As per most other articles out the back of Friday night's game I also found it slightly essington-centric but the Tim English love was satisfying, particularly reference to his second efforts. Made me appreciate his game even more.

Post Thanks / Like

Video in the article of non existent shepherd.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't agree with the commentary (from ch 7 idiots) and some others that Macrae went down too easily from the Devon Smith bump. Firstly, Jack was buggered as he had run himself into the ground all night. Secondly he had no idea the bump was coming. Yeah there wasn't much in the bump but when you're buggered and you get knocked unexpectedly from the side, you're gonna lose your balance. Third, Smith is an idiot (hey he was trained to be one with the plastics. Is there a worse combination than a Giant and Bomber? Hello Sheeds) for doing the bump RIGHT in front of the umpire and judging by Jack's reaction, it was the 2nd time he had done it to him. Jack may have flailed his arms once he went to ground but that was because Smith obviously had gotten away with it the first time.

Anyway, I grew in confidence at half time once I heard Rutten speak. He was pleased with their run and carry but thought the one thing that would get them on top would be if they lifted their contested ball efforts. Not sure he realises what team he's coaching.

9. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    I don't agree with the commentary (from ch 7 idiots) and some others that Macrae went down too easily from the Devon Smith bump. Firstly, Jack was buggered as he had run himself into the ground all night. Secondly he had no idea the bump was coming. Yeah there wasn't much in the bump but when you're buggered and you get knocked unexpectedly from the side, you're gonna lose your balance. Third, Smith is an idiot (hey he was trained to be one with the plastics. Is there a worse combination than a Giant and Bomber? Hello Sheeds) for doing the bump RIGHT in front of the umpire and judging by Jack's reaction, it was the 2nd time he had done it to him. Jack may have flailed his arms once he went to ground but that was because Smith obviously had gotten away with it the first time.

Anyway, I grew in confidence at half time once I heard Rutten speak. He was pleased with their run and carry but thought the one thing that would get them on top would be if they lifted their contested ball efforts. Not sure he realises what team he's coaching.
    Yeah, I agree, Macrae was not expecting to be bumped like that and looked like he lost his balance. What a stupid thing to do.

I have never rated Devon Smith, hardly ever touches the ball for a midfielder. Averages less than 20 touches per game, which is poor for a midfielder.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Yeah, I agree, Macrae was not expecting to be bumped like that and looked like he lost his balance. What a stupid thing to do.

I have never rated Devon Smith, hardly ever touches the ball for a midfielder. Averages less than 20 touches per game, which is poor for a midfielder.
    Is he a pure mid? I thought he played significant time forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Is he a pure mid? I thought he played significant time forward.
    I have always known him as a mid at Essendon, but I could be wrong.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Macrae was definitely bumped hard enough to knock him down, but also definitely put some mustard on it. Which I have no problem with.

It's a moot point anyway whether he dramatised his fall. If you're stupid enough to lay that bump on, you deserve a 50 every time.
    "It's over. It's all over."

14. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Smith rotates heavily between a high forward and an midfield position. The bump was dumb, Macrae probably went down a touch easy but it's the old "if you're going to do that you live with the consequences", just ask Brian Lake.

Also with regard to posting the whole article on here, I'm not sure we should be doing that for small independent sites like the Mongrel Punt. If it was just extracts sure, and if it was something like the Herald Sun (who have been frankly disgraceful this year in so many ways) I think it'd be fine but to post an entire in depth article from an independent site denying them clicks i don't think is right, especially when it is the exact kind of content we actually want to encourage (I know people had issues with the link, but that seemed like a temporary issue).
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

16. Likes hujsh, azabob, jazzadogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Smith rotates heavily between a high forward and an midfield position. The bump was dumb, Macrae probably went down a touch easy but it's the old "if you're going to do that you live with the consequences", just ask Brian Lake.

Also with regard to posting the whole article on here, I'm not sure we should be doing that for small independent sites like the Mongrel Punt. If it was just extracts sure, and if it was something like the Herald Sun (who have been frankly disgraceful this year in so many ways) I think it'd be fine but to post an entire in depth article from an independent site denying them clicks i don't think is right, especially when it is the exact kind of content we actually want to encourage (I know people had issues with the link, but that seemed like a temporary issue).
    Every article we post must have the link inserted as it acknowledges the author and publisher.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with that.

I have decided I will subscribe.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

19. Likes soupman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, small sites need people logging on, I've tidied up and removed the (outstanding) content copied onto WOOF
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

21. Likes azabob, soupman liked this post