Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  107
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marsh Cup 2020 - Bulldogs vs North

Always like to see any fringe and new players play. This year like all I am waiting to see how the 3 talls play forward together. With Bevo you never know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Always like to see any fringe and new players play. This year like all I am waiting to see how the 3 talls play forward together. With Bevo you never know.
    A good blending of the regular, fringe and younger players is always a good pre-season combination. The set-up for the 3 tall forwards should be interesting for most of us.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I want to see us really send a message.

Good aggressive football with a high conversion of opportunity.

Happy to see the better players on limited game time, but not limited effort.

I also want to see Tim English show that he has learnt something about ruckwork.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I want to see us really send a message.

Good aggressive football with a high conversion of opportunity.

Happy to see the better players on limited game time, but not limited effort.

I also want to see Tim English show that he has learnt something about ruckwork.
    Excellent observations. One thing about the 3 tall forward set-up is possibly limiting time Tim English spends up forward. I still recall the impact he made against North with a couple of impressive marks and goals. He might not get to spend the time forward this season

Bringing some vigor to the contest is going to be a big measuring stick for us
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Can English roll back ala Scotty Wynd
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Can English roll back ala Scotty Wynd
    Gary Dempsey was the master. Scotty a student.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Gary Dempsey was the master. Scotty a student.
    That may be true but being an immigrant I have followed the the Dogs from the late 60's but only started supporting them in the late 70's by that time Gary was a Roo.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

8. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    That may be true but being an immigrant I have followed the the Dogs from the late 60's but only started supporting them in the late 70's by that time Gary was a Roo.
    One of the greatest ruckman the game has ever seen, certainly one of the best contested marks. There is a state of origin match, I think against WA at the MCG where Dempsey is in the last line of defense and takes about 5 marks in a row, as WA kept pumping the goals.

I was gutted when he left us.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Dempsey was the ultimate in ruling the back line, you just couldn’t get it past him through the air, I think it bore from us being so bad we needed someone to stop the flow,his reading the play was second to none, when he retired he became a ruck coach and taught Scott about it.
    When I see ruckman plant themselves in the back line I always think Gary you started a legacy , sadly ruckman are lucky to take 5 marks a game nowadays, Gary was taking 4 or 5 a qtr or it seemed it.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    One of the greatest ruckman the game has ever seen, certainly one of the best contested marks. There is a state of origin match, I think against WA at the MCG where Dempsey is in the last line of defense and takes about 5 marks in a row, as WA kept pumping the goals.

I was gutted when he left us.
    Saved the day so many times by marking deep in defence in the last quarter.
    Hopefully English can do ditto.

12. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone save me the google - can I get in w my membership or is it a seperate ticketed event?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    Can anyone save me the google - can I get in w my membership or is it a seperate ticketed event?
    https://www.afl.com.au/tickets/onsal...mmunity-series

2020 Marsh Community Series

Club/AFL Member pre-sale: 9am-5pm, Thursday January 30
    General Public on-sale: 9am, Friday January 31

Ticket Prices

TICKET TYPE RESERVED SEAT GENERAL ADMISSION
    Adult $30.00 $20.00
    Concession $25.00 $15.00
    Junior $10.00 $0.00
    Family (2 adults, up to 4 juniors under 15) $60.00 $40.00
    Adult Member Upgrade $10.00 $5.00
    Concession Member Upgrade $10.00 $5.00
    Junior Member Upgrade $5.00 $0.00
    All prices are subject to additional ticket agent fees.

BUY TICKETS NOW

Ticket Types

Club Member Access
    Once again, AFL and Club access members will have free general admission entry to those matches in which their Club is competing (subject to availability, upgrade fees may be applicable). Some restrictions may apply for non-access members. To confirm your eligibility, please contact your club.

Access to Marsh Community Series matches is subject to capacity and is not guaranteed. The AFL recommends that members upgrade their membership to a reserved seat or register for a general admission ticket in order to guarantee entry. Membership upgrades and registrations are subject to availability on a first come, first serve basis and subject to an additional fee. Transaction fees may also apply.

Please note:

Club members are required to upgrade to a ticket that is equivalent to the type of membership that they hold (i.e Adult members can only upgrade to an Adult ticket.
    The AFL is a National Affiliate of the Companion Card program and we agree to provide an admission ticket for the cardholder's companion at no charge. The Companion Card program is applicable at all AFL Venues.
    Junior Tickets
    Children aged 6-14 as at 1 January 2020 are eligible to purchase a junior ticket. Children aged 5 and under as at 1 January 2020 are entitled to enter the ground at no charge; however, they must not occupy a seat.

Persons aged 15 and over as at 1 January 2020 are classified as an adult, unless they hold valid Concession identification.

Family Tickets
    Family tickets for the Marsh Commuinity Series are for two adults and up to four juniors under the age of 15 as at 1 January 2020. The following will be available to purchase:

Family of 4 – 2 adults and 2 juniors
    Family of 5 – 2 adults and 3 juniors
    Family of 6 – 2 adults and 4 juniors'
    Double Headers

Two Marsh Community Series matches will be held as a double-header events alongside the NAB AFL Women’s Competition at Metricon Stadium on Saturday February 22 and at Morwell Recreation Reserve on Sunday March 8.

AFL Members and Club members with an AFL or AFLW membership will have access to scan their membership card into the double-header matches (subject to capacity) or can upgrade their membership to guarantee their entry. All non-members wishing to attend the double-headers will be required to purchase a ticket.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    https://www.afl.com.au/tickets/onsal...mmunity-series

2020 Marsh Community Series

Club/AFL Member pre-sale: 9am-5pm, Thursday January 30
    General Public on-sale: 9am, Friday January 31

Ticket Prices

TICKET TYPE RESERVED SEAT GENERAL ADMISSION
    Adult $30.00 $20.00
    Concession $25.00 $15.00
    Junior $10.00 $0.00
    Family (2 adults, up to 4 juniors under 15) $60.00 $40.00
    Adult Member Upgrade $10.00 $5.00
    Concession Member Upgrade $10.00 $5.00
    Junior Member Upgrade $5.00 $0.00
    All prices are subject to additional ticket agent fees.

BUY TICKETS NOW

Ticket Types

Club Member Access
    Once again, AFL and Club access members will have free general admission entry to those matches in which their Club is competing (subject to availability, upgrade fees may be applicable). Some restrictions may apply for non-access members. To confirm your eligibility, please contact your club.

Access to Marsh Community Series matches is subject to capacity and is not guaranteed. The AFL recommends that members upgrade their membership to a reserved seat or register for a general admission ticket in order to guarantee entry. Membership upgrades and registrations are subject to availability on a first come, first serve basis and subject to an additional fee. Transaction fees may also apply.

Please note:

Club members are required to upgrade to a ticket that is equivalent to the type of membership that they hold (i.e Adult members can only upgrade to an Adult ticket.
    The AFL is a National Affiliate of the Companion Card program and we agree to provide an admission ticket for the cardholder's companion at no charge. The Companion Card program is applicable at all AFL Venues.
    Junior Tickets
    Children aged 6-14 as at 1 January 2020 are eligible to purchase a junior ticket. Children aged 5 and under as at 1 January 2020 are entitled to enter the ground at no charge; however, they must not occupy a seat.

Persons aged 15 and over as at 1 January 2020 are classified as an adult, unless they hold valid Concession identification.

Family Tickets
    Family tickets for the Marsh Commuinity Series are for two adults and up to four juniors under the age of 15 as at 1 January 2020. The following will be available to purchase:

Family of 4 – 2 adults and 2 juniors
    Family of 5 – 2 adults and 3 juniors
    Family of 6 – 2 adults and 4 juniors'
    Double Headers

Two Marsh Community Series matches will be held as a double-header events alongside the NAB AFL Women’s Competition at Metricon Stadium on Saturday February 22 and at Morwell Recreation Reserve on Sunday March 8.

AFL Members and Club members with an AFL or AFLW membership will have access to scan their membership card into the double-header matches (subject to capacity) or can upgrade their membership to guarantee their entry. All non-members wishing to attend the double-headers will be required to purchase a ticket.
    Thanks mate. That was lazy of me. Won’t do it again

Post Thanks / Like

I'm interested to see how are defence sets up in terms of personnel & structurally.. I think a change in line coach will have a positive effect on our defensive mechanisms.

17. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    Thanks mate. That was lazy of me. Won’t do it again
    Nah no worries AshMac happy to help. Yeah I’ll be just watching this one from home myself. Will be back to the footy in March for our Round 1 opener.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"