Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  107
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marsh Cup 2020 - Bulldogs vs North

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Nah no worries AshMac happy to help. Yeah I’ll be just watching this one from home myself. Will be back to the footy in March for our Round 1 opener.
    Know what you mean. I work v close to Etihad stadium, and I am DYING to see us play footy again, so super easy to get to. Wouldn’t make the trip though.

2. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to see how we react when the game isn't going how we would like, especially against teams we should beat. The games last year against Carlton the first time and Gold Coast pre season and round 3 in particular were inexcusable. Some of it was player selection, some of it was players not executing skills good enough and some game day coaching.

Basically I want to see us switched on ready to fire even in preseason practice matches. Last year our practice matches were shite and that continued into the season.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

I always like to see some of the new lads from the last few years given a good run in practice matches. Whilst these are toned down versions of senior footy it still provides the coaches and supporters of a glimpse of their ability. It is also a good opportunity for the coaching team to test out some tactics prior to the season proper. Whilst a win is always nice it is more about being competitive and fine tuning at this time of the year. Hopefully the game will be televised (though if it is on a Friday evening it will clash with the AFLW).

5. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    I always like to see some of the new lads from the last few years given a good run in practice matches. Whilst these are toned down versions of senior footy it still provides the coaches and supporters of a glimpse of their ability. It is also a good opportunity for the coaching team to test out some tactics prior to the season proper. Whilst a win is always nice it is more about being competitive and fine tuning at this time of the year. Hopefully the game will be televised (though if it is on a Friday evening it will clash with the AFLW).
    I'm really keen to see Lachie Young play a Wood-role as I really think he has something special. Seems the type that, with 20-30 AFL games under his belt, those low kicks to make the play will come off and he can be a real weapon. Is excellent overhead too.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

7. Likes GVGjr, Go_Dogs, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Timmy’s out with a concussion from the super double secret scratch match last week. Not good.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Timmy’s out with a concussion from the super double secret scratch match last week. Not good.
    Does Trengove ruck now, or do we give Sweet a go?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Seriously? That's troubling. Hopefully he's right for JLT 2 so he gets some gametime under his belt before round 1.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Does Trengove ruck now, or do we give Sweet a go?
    Good as time as any to try Sweety.

Post Thanks / Like

Three Dogs out of Marsh clash

The Western Bulldogs have ruled three players out of Friday night’s Marsh Community Series match against North Melbourne.

Ruckman Tim English, key forward Josh Bruce and utility Matt Suckling will all miss the clash.

English will miss through concussion, in line with the AFL concussion policy, following a head knock in match simulation last week.

His symptoms have cleared and he is expected to be available for the Bulldogs’ second pre-season match, against Port Adelaide on March 7.

Bruce and Suckling are also expected to be fit for that match.

A cautious approach has been taken with recruit Bruce following a back spasm, while Suckling’s pre-season preparations are being managed ahead of the season proper.

The Bulldogs team of 24 players for tomorrow’s match will be announced at 6.20pm AEDT tonight.

A return to play timeframe has also been confirmed for Lin Jong, who sustained a high-grade hamstring injury in match simulation last week. Jong is expected to miss the first month of the AFL season.

13. Thanks Eastdog, bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Good as time as any to try Sweety.
    Yeah, agree. Give him a run. Be a good test if Goldstein plays.

Post Thanks / Like

Teams out now.

No Trengove, no Cody Weightman.

Post Thanks / Like

AFL TEAM | Marsh Series 1

Off-season recruit Alex Keath will be unleashed in red, white and blue for the first time on Friday night at Marvel Stadium, as the Western Bulldogs take on North Melbourne in their first 2020 Marsh Community Series match.

The Bulldogs have named a strong 26-player team, which features 17 members of last season’s elimination final side.

As part of the team’s preparations for the season proper, the Bulldogs will reduce this to a 24-player team prior to the first bounce.

Keath, who has overcome off-season surgery for the first official warm-up match, will be joined in the line-up by Aaron Naughton, who has also completed his rehabilitation to be fit to play.

Mitch Wallis has also been named on the interchange, as he returns from a leg injury which sidelined him for the back half of 2019.

Reigning Charles Sutton Medallist Marcus Bontempelli will lead the team for the first time since taking on the captaincy, and he will be joined by fellow State of Origin representatives Jason Johannisen and Jack Macrae .

Yet-to-debut big man Jordon Sweet will lead the ruck division, in the absence of Tim English.

The 22-year-old gets his first opportunity at this level, after developing in the VFL with Footscray last season.

English, key forward Josh Bruce and utility Matt Suckling were all ruled out this week, but are expected to be fit for the Bulldogs’ second Marsh Community Series match in a fortnight

MARSH COMMUNITY SERIES

Western Bulldogs v North Melbourne
    Marvel Stadium
    Friday 21 February, 7.10pm

TEAM

B: Alex Keath, Zaine Cordy, Bailey Williams
    HB: Hayden Crozier, Jason Johannisen, Caleb Daniel
    C: Roarke Smith, Marcus Bontempelli, Lachie Hunter
    HF: Pat Lipinski, Josh Schache, Aaron Naughton
    F: Tory Dickson, Sam Lloyd, Bailey Dale
    R: Jordon Sweet, Josh Dunkley, Jack Macrae
    Int: Mitch Wallis, Bailey Smith, Toby McLean, Ed Richards, Ben Cavarra, Callum Porter, Will Hayes, Ryan Gardner
    Emer: Lewis Young, Rhylee West, Cody Weightman, Louis Butler

17. Thanks Remi Moses, Go_Dogs, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have thought Lewis and Lachlan Young could have been handy additions
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

19. Likes kruder, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to Alex Keath and Jordan Sweet.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

21. Likes Remi Moses liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Teams out now.

No Trengove, no Cody Weightman.
    I wonder if its going to be a long year for Trengove?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"