Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
Going ahead:

Naughton & Keath would be a formidable KPD pairing with supreme marking power, with Crozier/Wood/Cordy/Le Young/La Young/Khamis/Raak etc. as support.

Schache, Bruce & Ugle-Hagan as KPFs with maybe Trengove or Le Young. With Dale, Lloyd, Weighman, McLean, Wallis etc.

Naughton will thrive in any position. The idea of where he delivers the best team impact is a good question, because he's just so good.
If Schache continues his rate of improvement, and Bruce slots in like we're hoping, there is less of a burden on Naughton to be the saviour in our forward line...particularly if Lewis Young plays a role over the first month when Naughton isn't available.

Playing Young forward as 3rd banana also has the added benefit of being able to throw him into the ruck where he actually looks relatively proficient without throwing our structure out of whack.

Naughton & Keath would be a formidable key defensive combo, and would allow the likes of Crozier and Cordy to really play to their strengths.

I love Naughton flying for speccies up forward but I've always thought our team overall would be better served with him becoming the dominant backman in the league.

And then throw Jamarra into the mix, and he'll be ready to take over as Bruce rides off into the sunset.

So you could say I'm on team #LewyIsAForward