Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  107
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marsh Cup 2020 - Bulldogs vs North

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Going ahead:

Naughton & Keath would be a formidable KPD pairing with supreme marking power, with Crozier/Wood/Cordy/Le Young/La Young/Khamis/Raak etc. as support.

Schache, Bruce & Ugle-Hagan as KPFs with maybe Trengove or Le Young. With Dale, Lloyd, Weighman, McLean, Wallis etc.

Naughton will thrive in any position. The idea of where he delivers the best team impact is a good question, because he's just so good.
    If Schache continues his rate of improvement, and Bruce slots in like we're hoping, there is less of a burden on Naughton to be the saviour in our forward line...particularly if Lewis Young plays a role over the first month when Naughton isn't available.

Playing Young forward as 3rd banana also has the added benefit of being able to throw him into the ruck where he actually looks relatively proficient without throwing our structure out of whack.

Naughton & Keath would be a formidable key defensive combo, and would allow the likes of Crozier and Cordy to really play to their strengths.

I love Naughton flying for speccies up forward but I've always thought our team overall would be better served with him becoming the dominant backman in the league.

And then throw Jamarra into the mix, and he'll be ready to take over as Bruce rides off into the sunset.

So you could say I'm on team #LewyIsAForward
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

2. Likes Nuggety Back Pocket, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah you guys are crazy.

I've always wanted an elite key forward to play for us. Naughton looks like he could be that guy, and a really fun version at that. Screw whats better for the team, ive seen good key defenders before. Naughton stays forward please.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

4. Likes Happy Days, bornadog, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Smith has that rare quality that makes you grateful he's ours.

When he puts some meat on he's going to be nigh on impossible to bring down in a tackle.
    He reminds me of Dean Kemp from West Coast a bit. Fearless, strong and skilled.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Nah you guys are crazy.

I've always wanted an elite key forward to play for us. Naughton looks like he could be that guy, and a really fun version at that. Screw whats better for the team, ive seen good key defenders before. Naughton stays forward please.
    I am with you on this, a key forward is worth their weight in gold. Anyone can play back.

Besides, our defense was one of the best in the second half of last year, so no need to panic.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Marley Williams given a 2 week suspension for his hit on Ed Richards. Seems a week light to me
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Marley Williams given a 2 week suspension for his hit on Ed Richards. Seems a week light to me
    If they want to cut this sort of thing out, then it should have been at minimum 4 weeks
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    He reminds me of Dean Kemp from West Coast a bit. Fearless, strong and skilled.
    Love his aggression. He could turn into such a powerful mid that makes all the boys around him stand a foot taller

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    If they want to cut this sort of thing out, then it should have been at minimum 4 weeks
    Considering Ed will probably be nursing a concussion for a couple of weeks. They had a chance to stamp out that kind of cowardice early and they've bottled it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Considering Ed will probably be nursing a concussion for a couple of weeks. They had a chance to stamp out that kind of cowardice early and they've bottled it.
    I think 3 weeks was the right mark and would have sent a strong message. I hope Ed is getting better

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Under the rules he should have got 2 weeks and thats exactly what he got so not much the review panel could of done.

Agree the AFL needs to take the lead on this one as KINGGY said on SEN this morning.

13. Likes GVGjr, Grantysghost, divvydan, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think 3 weeks was the right mark and would have sent a strong message. I hope Ed is getting better
    Agreed. 3 weeks is what I thought at the game and nothing changed that view as more angles were shown.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree. Enough of a message early, and enough of a deterrent which they can be consistent with throughout the year. Couple of north mates were livid w the 2 weeks...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Nah you guys are crazy.

Agree. A Jack Dyer saying was "Mugs to the backline". He also said "He's a good ordinary footballer." (about Carlton's Peter Bosustow)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Agree. A Jack Dyer saying was "Mugs to the backline". He also said "He's a good ordinary footballer." (about Carlton's Peter Bosustow)
    I think that is also the premise of Tom Hafey dragging Royce Hart out of the surf in preference to a back man (Tony Jewell I think)

18. Thanks Stevo thanked for this post
    Likes Bulldog4life, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I think it all comes from that time North legend Michael Firrito tried to rough him up and Bont rightly laughed his way to 3 Brownlow votes.
    One of my favourite moments of watching Marcus through his career came in the 1st quarter of that game.

After Firrito's attempts to get in his face before the 1st bounce, he's rebounding off half back and goes to kick down the line.

Bont smothers the ball out of bounds, eyeballs him with a massive grin on his face and then proceeds to remind him just how much of a hack he really is.

Satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I have no idea about Duperouzel but I love Crozier. My fave part is I get to turn to my Freo supporting Missus 10 times every game "Hey Babe"...pause for impact..."Thanks for Crozier".

I've almost forgiven him for that mark he took against me in the u18's at Subiaco Oval. ALMOST.
    Its rare that I jump out of my chair at home when I'm watching the football.

When Hayden took THAT mark against Collingwood I pretty much lost my s***.

He's an absolute gem and we got him for a bargain.

20. Likes Mofra liked this post