Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  107
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marsh Cup 2020 - Bulldogs vs North

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    I thought Roarke did alright. Would like to see him get more games on the wing because his pace and leap could be useful
    Yep, I've never quite seen what the coaches have seen in him but a better than solid performance tonight has enhanced his chances.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Really positive performance.

Bont as dominant as ever. Hunter and Crozier also great.

Was really pleased with Schache and think he was my highlight. Competed well in the air, got in good positions, used the ball well and took his chances. Also was involved frequently, will be interesting to see what happens when he goes from being the best key forward to third best with Bruce and Naughton.

Sweet is much tidier around the ground than i thought, and quite handy with ball in hand. That kick to Young as lovely.

I know he had limited gametime but i liked what Richards did. Very quiet second half though

Good signs from Smith and Young amongst others.

Keath was also good, particularly second half. He is a great size, and looks so assured in defence, although admittedly didn't have a heap to do.

Interesting seeing the changes in body shapes with a few. Cordy has thickened up significantly, Schache has also filled out a little and looks much less like a private schoolboy.
    Pretty much mind too.

It was a small sample but I’d have Wally ahead of Dicko for the next game. Up until the last few minutes Dicko had one kick for the game. I thought he was one forward that could be replaced by Wally (who looked a bit more lively) or debut Weightman next game. It’s not a pot at Dicko, but if we are looking at playing 3 KPFs we might want to look at the best other 3 forwards to mid with the big guys.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Good night out in our first match of 2020. Very good performance.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Crozier is better than Bruce Duperouzel as a pick up from another club. He is all heart and commitment. The game was not worthy of Bontempelli who was above the game. We confirmed the quality of game we played late last season as our standard. Keath at home as general of backline with Crozier as lieutenant.
    Promising warmup.
    Last edited by BornInDroopSt'54; 21-02-2020 at 10:49 PM.

5. Likes GVGjr, macca, S Coast Simon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I really feel of Ed Richards tonight, just saw a replay of the knock. I hope he has a speedy recovery

Post Thanks / Like

Players in the mix for our next Marsh series game could be the likes of Rhylee West, Matthew Suckling, Josh Bruce, Jackson Trengove, Tim English, Lachlan Young and some players coming back from injury

Post Thanks / Like

It was pretty good to see the return of Caleb Daniel tonight. Will only get better

9. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Players in the mix for our next Marsh series game could be the likes of Rhylee West, Matthew Suckling, Josh Bruce, Jackson Trengove, Tim English, Lachlan Young and some players coming back from injury
    Could also see Bont, Macrae & JJ rested too, or at least having restricted minutes, given their involvement in the State of Origin game next Friday.

Post Thanks / Like

Great start
    Tough game for a pre-season hitout
    Great leadership from the Bont
    Keath looks a great find
    We’ve got some players fighting for spots , which is a great thing

12. Likes Eastdog, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I really feel of Ed Richards tonight, just saw a replay of the knock. I hope he has a speedy recovery
    Unnecessary hit, really careless, the ball no where the player and elbow to the head. By rights if the AFL are serious about this sort of stuff, that should be 4 weeks, but he will get one.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

14. Likes S Coast Simon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Only a pre-season hitout but our tackling pressure was outstanding. You train the way you play, and I loved our intensity to hunt the opposition and really stick the tackles.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

16. Likes Templeton31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to get along last night, plenty of positives to offset the Naughton news pre game and big knock Ted copped.

Gardner moved off the line far too easily and seemed to be going through the motions a few times without a willingness to really commit. Not sure if its confidence but he looked a long way off tonight.

Roarke was involved and surprised me. He adds pace, aerial ability and has a tough defensive side. Could be our version of Mitch Robinson on the wing. Hope we persist with him for a few weeks.

Sweet completely different to what I expected. His movement and around the ground work the highlight, not what was advertised last year.

Schache is ready to grab games by the scruff of the neck. He's a big unit and appears to have improved confidence in his body/size. Worked hard, contested hard.

AK is going to be brilliant for us.

Woof woof.

18. Likes Templeton31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Only a pre-season hitout but our tackling pressure was outstanding. You train the way you play, and I loved our intensity to hunt the opposition and really stick the tackles.
    Some of those tackles made by Crozier last night lifted his team mates that were around him. Impressive performance across the team last night

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Good to get along last night, plenty of positives to offset the Naughton news pre game and big knock Ted copped.

Gardner moved off the line far too easily and seemed to be going through the motions a few times without a willingness to really commit. Not sure if its confidence but he looked a long way off tonight.

Roarke was involved and surprised me. He adds pace, aerial ability and has a tough defensive side. Could be our version of Mitch Robinson on the wing. Hope we persist with him for a few weeks.

Sweet completely different to what I expected. His movement and around the ground work the highlight, not what was advertised last year.

Schache is ready to grab games by the scruff of the neck. He's a big unit and appears to have improved confidence in his body/size. Worked hard, contested hard.

AK is going to be brilliant for us.

Woof woof.
    Regarding Gardner, while I acknowledge there are a few things to work on he has some attributes that might appeal to us. He reads the play OK and he possess good speed. I think we need to be a bit patient with him

I'm glad you mentioned Schache, he could easily be ready to take a step forward

Post Thanks / Like

Regarding Gardner, while I acknowledge there are a few things to work on he has some attributes that might appeal to us. He reads the play OK and he possess good speed. I think we need to be a bit patient with him

I'm glad you mentioned Schache, he could easily be ready to take a step forward
    He needs to be committed and go much harder to exploit those traits which I thought were rarely seen last night. He might be an OK match up for the Gunston and Josh Jenkins type forwards who aren't physical players but barring a disaster with injuries I'd have him playing his trade at VFL level for the season. He's got time, but he's not ready yet.

I wonder if Schache's game was largely a beneficiary of Naughton and Bruce not playing? He won't (at least in my mind) get the same responsilities to contest and bring the ball down deep as he did last night - maybe he'd be doing more of what we saw from Lew in the opening quarter? I think he's ready to take a leap but circumstance/role will dictate how big of a leap.